Staying late on a Friday

Ghost in the Darkness

Rarely see management anymore, they are never there when we come back in the evening. However on Friday they were there late.... with nervous looks on their faces. Did corporate finally decide on their furlough since they do nothing anyway?

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
Rarely see management anymore, they are never there when we come back in the evening. However on Friday they were there late.... with nervous looks on their faces. Did corporate finally decide on their furlough since they do nothing anyway?

If they're there late Friday. Something is definitely cooking in the near future. Sometimes a DM just gets a hair up their butt and wants all reports in by Friday when management has been on car all week.

More than likely money is being lost from the budget/balance sheet and a Storm is a coming.

It's Saturday night. Don't worry about it now. *cheers*

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
We had a problem with no scans months ago with a lot of people and our center manager stayed late and checked the system on whoever pulled into the building and didn’t have an empty board.

He would proceed to go into the truck and look for the package and threaten to fire the individual

Poop Head

Judge me.
We had a problem with no scans months ago with a lot of people and our center manager stayed late and checked the system on whoever pulled into the building and didn’t have an empty board.

He would proceed to go into the truck and look for the package and threaten to fire the individual
Good. Guys purposely not sending in missloads should be terminated

Whither

Scofflaw

My favorite is the 'no scan' that you reported not found. Next day the sup hands you a 'driver responsibility for proof of delivery' sheet to take to the consignee. And, lo and behold, there's yesterday's missing package in your cargo area, a large white critical healthcare box that you wouldn't have overlooked even on a heavy pickup route. (I have 1 scheduled pickup on my route lol).

rod

Retired 22 years
I can't recall one time in 30 years that management stayed late on Friday. Ours was usually gone about 10 minutes after the guys had left the building in the morning. Once in awhile (if there was an audit or something like that) they would be around for awhile---but this was NEVER on a Friday. They were all on the links by noon.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

I can't recall one time in 30 years that management stayed late on Friday. Ours was usually gone about 10 minutes after the guys had left the building in the morning. Once in awhile (if there was an audit or something like that) they would be around for awhile.
I believe now it is how driver sups are punished for one thing or another. Mostly something out of their control. Everything is out of their control.

542thruNthru

My favorite is the 'no scan' that you reported not found. Next day the sup hands you a 'driver responsibility for proof of delivery' sheet to take to the consignee. And, lo and behold, there's yesterday's missing package in your cargo area, a large white critical healthcare box that you wouldn't have overlooked even on a heavy pickup route. (I have 1 scheduled pickup on my route lol).

I like the " Discrepancy scan" paper they post or wave in your face.

I always like to say... "ok whats the discrepancy? You mean that it was scanned off the trailer along with 80k other packages?"

Its all a intimidation game.

Whither

Scofflaw
I like the " Discrepancy scan" paper they post or wave in your face.

I always like to say... "ok whats the discrepancy? You mean that it was scanned off the trailer along with 80k other packages?"

It's all an intimidation game.

Yeah, I never bother doing these pseudo 'driver follow ups' (actual DFUs I make the attempt) - they don't even give credit for making the stop. Half the time the package is there the next day. If I missed a scan at 250 piece post office stop, well, they should be able to check the tracking themselves and see if it got there.

542thruNthru

Yeah, I never bother doing these pseudo 'driver follow ups' (actual DFUs I make the attempt) - they don't even give credit for making the stop. Half the time the package is there the next day. If I missed a scan at 250 piece post office stop, well, they should be able to check the tracking themselves and see if it got there.

I haven't done a DFU in over 10 years.

542thruNthru

I haven't done one on my route. But as a cover driver, plenty

I did a few. Was yelled and screamed at. After that

giphy-203.gif

UPSER1987

Can you describe a nervous look on their faces? Such a funny accusation/observation.

Dr.Brownz

They leave our center on Fridays as soon as the drivers leave and let the looser PT sup they just hired run everything. And then we get a speech monday about how we are working on training our PT sup up so all the issues on friday don't happen again. Been this way for the last 2 years here.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
They leave our center on Fridays as soon as the drivers leave and let the looser PT sup they just hired run everything. And then we get a speech monday about how we are working on training our PT sup up so all the issues on friday don't happen again. Been this way for the last 2 years here.

*loser

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You would think that even the dumbest PT sup would have caught on after 2 years.

tourists24

I can't recall one time in 30 years that management stayed late on Friday. Ours was usually gone about 10 minutes after the guys had left the building in the morning. Once in awhile (if there was an audit or something like that) they would be around for awhile---but this was NEVER on a Friday. They were all on the links by noon.
Things are very different now for sure