Stealing Time.

packageguy

I dont get this any more,we have a ft drv who got busted again for stealing time.3rd time,an what happens NOTHING! I wonder why i even bother to try an do a good job.23yrs here.So what do they do,they let drv start half hr early on his rt.I asked if i could stay an punch out after him,was told no.We had half hr diffrance start time,but now its an hour.I do have more senorty than this guy.Dont understand this.Sorry for the venting.

If you have more time then him, greiv it, it's easy money. let him work and you get paid too. it's that easy.

slantnosechevy

Well, of course too much does numb the senses. But, how about that wonderful interim stage when your defenses are down and you're simply lost in euphoria with the one person on earth you desire more than anything else. I'm just saying...........

That's called wearing beer goggles

C

chuchu

We have a pkg car driver in our center that was busted by the division mgr for not wearing a seatbelt when driving his route. He was nailed two more times after that (3 times in 24 months!) for more seatbelt violations and they still gave him his job back! Besides setting a new record for driver followups he runs routes 1 1/2 hrs underallowed daily (skipping lunches and breaks), badmouths the stewards and is a snitch. Is he a pain to work around? YES! But he is not my responsibility and sooner than later he will run out of cat lives and learn how to fill out a job application again. If it is a contract violation, deal with it....otherwise, know that honesty has its own reward and dishonest work ethics are quicksand.

tomuchdrama

Yes you are right,honesty goes alot farther than dishonesty.Will just let this play out on its own.I do have more time than drv,if you really NEED that much o/t then i guess more power to ya.In due time like some have said he will get what he deserve.Was only getting this off my chest,thats all.Thanks:peaceful:

browniehound

can be done without alcohol!!!

It feels better without alcohol too. I never understood the "get the chick drunk" approach. You may even open yourself to criminal charges because a woman can't consent if she is totally obliterated. I'd be more comfortable buying her dinner and a glass of wine and taking my chances from there.

browniehound

I've also read the entire thread and some posts more than once and I'm left thinking two thoughts. How did this person steal time and if you have an issue, why not file a greivence? You would have won because it sounds like a cut and dry issue to me. I guess stealing time is easy to do but I never understood why anyone would try it. Management has too many reports to bust you with. If you need the money the work is always there. I'm messaged every day to go help people. When I'm done at six, I'm never done and what I'm dispatched to do is really easy. Its either 10-15 house calls or 2 letter boxes and a 1900 pick up that is just airs if they even have anything but a driver has the check anyway.

The good thing is 19 out of 20 times I do help so that 1 time when I don't want/can't they find somebody else. This 1900 pick-up gives me an extra 45 minutes for almost doing nothing except drive. To me, that IS stealing time!

I advise not to steal time or sign for packages because if you want the time you can get it legit if you just ask. No need to risk your job.