Stealing Time?

mrbrownstone

I have been covering a PM Air route for a driver who is on vacation. In between 2 of the stops (both letter boxes) there is a pretty significant amount of time. I sat waiting to pick up one of the boxes almost 45 min today.

My question is: it isn't necessary to clock out during this time is it? If I intentionally take a break during the day I put it in the board. But I figure it isn't my fault that the times on these boxes are set up the way they are and since I am forced to wait I figure I will stay on the clock.

I asked another driver in my center and he said you don't ever have to put in for a break if you are forced to wait at a stop at least on PM.

Plus right now as a new guy I am currently not even getting an 8 hour work day just some extra packages and misloads to deliver and then a PM Air trip so technically I don't get a lunch. When I was on my day time training route with 8 + hrs I always made sure to put in for breaks.

No one has accused me of stealing time and when I first did this PM trip with a sup we had some waiting time too although not as much and he didn't say anything about putting it in the board. I'm just paranoid about being accused of doing anything wrong even though no one has said anything to me yet.
Sent using BrownCafe App

Last edited:

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
I WILL SEND A MESSAGE TO THE CENTER EVERY 15 MINUTES TO LET THEM KNOW THAT I'M WAITING, JUST DO THE RIGHT THING TO PICK UP YOUR PAY CHECK.

BrownTexas

Actually not speeding the 1 stop is at 5 and the next at 5:45 and they are 5 min from each other.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Personally. I wouldnt do anything. They should know u have nothing to do and it isn't your place to have to take a break during this time, but if it makes you feel better just send them a message telling them you are finished with work and waiting at the stop unless otherwise instructed.

mrbrownstone

Management knows this. They aren't pressuring you to take break so why would you feel you need to?

Good point. I just get paranoid hearing stories of people getting in trouble for stealing time or being dishonest. But yea they have to know there will be some amount of wait time.

Sent using BrownCafe App

brown bomber

brown bomber
Used to wait over an hour at my last pickup, an accounting firm during tax season. I was the last driver in the area, and would pickup 100+ smalls about 20% were NDA's. I would drink coffee and read magazines while waiting for them to finish up. The scheduled pickup time was 5:30, on most Fridays I waited until 7:00, working as instructed

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
sounds like it is a scheduling issue, which is above your pay scale. Keep doing what you're doing until you get your wrist slapped. Then pull the "I am new and I didn't know" defense. And don't forget the puppy dog eyes. That goes a long way too.

Z

ZQXC

Yes yes yes.....The old code off of "Driver Marketing"......Years ago we where told if we had to wait at any time for a pickup....to code it off as "Driver Marketing" this did not last long LMAO!!!!

It was "Housekeeping" here