Sticking it out or Different Direction?

Im 18 and would like to become a package car driver eventually. I thinking on just staying just till I get through college becomes Ive heard people working for 10-15 years before they are drivers. To me thats way to long. When I finish Tech School I have a job already lined up at Lilly Company (a forklift repair company). What do you guys think is it worth sticking it out at UPS or just going a different way once the opportunity comes by?

UPSGUY72

Im 18 and would like to become a package car driver eventually. I thinking on just staying just till I get through college becomes Ive heard people working for 10-15 years before they are drivers. To me thats way to long. When I finish Tech School I have a job already lined up at Lilly Company (a forklift repair company). What do you guys think is it worth sticking it out at UPS or just going a different way once the opportunity comes by?

When are you going to finish Tech School ??? Unless it's in the next couple of months and you have a written contract with Lilly you don't have a job lined up just yet. You have prospects of a job lined up...

DainGrant

Run!!!! Get as far away from ups as possible good luck in ur endevours kid!!! Will save u from using a walker later on....:eek:

W

want to retire

As I see it.....let's say 15 year wait....you'll be 33........probably good and tired of greasy fork lift trucks. I can't imagine starting as a driver at 33........not to mention you'll have to work two jobs for 15 years waiting for your pkg job......given what UPS is like.......take the greasy fork trucks......