Still No Time For Lunch

didyousheetit

Where are you guys all from. Here in Illinois if you don't take lunch they can't dock it from you. They have been sued twice, once was a class action suit all drivers got around 1500

Sent using BrownCafe App

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Been at UPS since '98 driving since '04. Actually went out on a new one today for the first time. Don't be scared to go out on a new route. Just take it one stop at a time.
Its not how it used to be where you could go out in the blind on a route and be ok. Nowadays you don't want to do that because most of all these routes are so over loaded with the amount of work on them its ridiculous. Youd be out all night for the most part on a route your going out in the blind on. Unless your a runner gunner of course then it wouldn't be a big deal lol.

9.5er

Its not how it used to be where you could go out in the blind on a route and be ok. Nowadays you don't want to do that because most of all these routes are so over loaded with the amount of work on them its ridiculous. Youd be out all night for the most part on a route your going out in the blind on. Unless your a runner gunner of course then it wouldn't be a big deal lol.
I do not disagree with you about how it used to be. But you can still go out and learn new routes. Like I said, take it one stop at a time.

Rainman

Its all good.
Do what you need to do to make seniority. But I advise stopping and getting out of the truck for at least 5 minutes even if all you do is sit on the bumper and eat a sandwich. It will help you to relax and clear your head. When you start again you will be more calm and better focused, making less mistakes. It worked for me, hopefully it will work for you too.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

Griff

We get a half hour lunch and two ten minute breaks. I think I would go nuts if I had to sit for an hour while I have stops hanging.

Welcome to my world. We get 1 hour and one 10 minute break. I've had 100 stops and 20 pickups left on my truck after I'm done lunch.

Sent using BrownCafe App