Still peak?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by SavagePickle, Jan 11, 2017 at 7:13 AM.

1. SavagePickle

SavagePickle New Member

Does ups normally still hire peak season PTsrs past January 15th 2017? Applying for a PH job and the acknowledgment is stating the position is only until or before January 31st 2018.

2. for a year? should be in the union by then.

3. upschuck

upschuck Well-Known Member

That is probably when the job listing will come down. You work your days and pass probation, they can't let you go, unless you do something contractually stupid.

4. Bastiatian

Bastiatian Active Member

Maybe they're planning to automate the facility and anticipate needing to layoff newer hires.

5. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

These punks quit all the time. There will be openings.

6. Tom Tom

Tom Tom New Member

Yeah, a lot of people disappeared for whatever reason last week. I turned in my driver helper uniform a week ago today, but I had worked the whole peak season inside, except for two days of helping a driver. Nobody told me the peak was over, but I was suddenly only working 3.5 hours. When I turned in the uniform, I told them I couldn't afford to work there anymore.

7. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

I don't get it

8. Tom Tom

Tom Tom New Member

For me, driving an hour round trip to work costs me about as much as working for a measly 3.5 hours -- thinking of gas and car maintenance, and my precious time.

We all suddenly went down to 3.5 from 8-10 hours. Peak is over.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017 at 1:11 PM
  9. Oak

Oak Active Member

I felt the same about the travel cost when I first hired on, so I bought a cheap, throw-a-way car that got good mileage.

After a year, the benefits are worth way more than the 3.5 daily guarantee.

10. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

Should still be peak.
    Only 48 or so weeks until christmas!

11. SavagePickle

SavagePickle New Member

IMG_0784.jpg Not to mention the posting was put up yesterday, and is now gone lol

12. burrheadd

burrheadd Be The Ball

So, how you gonna get monies

13. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

If he quit before he got another job, then someone is supporting him.

14. Tom Tom

Tom Tom New Member

I worked the peak season just to see what it was like at UPS. I LOVED it. I really did. But I have other work and I don't need the benefits. I'm glad I did the seasonal gig.

15. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

In some ways Peak is easier then the rest of the year. Lots of stops but no vacations or 8 hour request or 9.5 grievance. Sups too busy trying to get everything delivered to nit pick the small stuff.

16. YoungBloodDH

YoungBloodDH New Member

Missing peak already.. My pull was more organized, and my drops were removed. Not to mention the $$:sad-very:

17. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

I actually like peak. With my area knowledge I tend to get extended routes, but it's a tighter area with all the volume.