SavagePickle

Does ups normally still hire peak season PTsrs past January 15th 2017? Applying for a PH job and the acknowledgment is stating the position is only until or before January 31st 2018.

upschuck

That is probably when the job listing will come down. You work your days and pass probation, they can't let you go, unless you do something contractually stupid.

Tom Tom

Yeah, a lot of people disappeared for whatever reason last week. I turned in my driver helper uniform a week ago today, but I had worked the whole peak season inside, except for two days of helping a driver. Nobody told me the peak was over, but I was suddenly only working 3.5 hours. When I turned in the uniform, I told them I couldn't afford to work there anymore.

Tom Tom

For me, driving an hour round trip to work costs me about as much as working for a measly 3.5 hours -- thinking of gas and car maintenance, and my precious time.

We all suddenly went down to 3.5 from 8-10 hours. Peak is over.

Last edited:

Oak

When I turned in the uniform, I told them I couldn't afford to work there anymore.
I felt the same about the travel cost when I first hired on, so I bought a cheap, throw-a-way car that got good mileage.

After a year, the benefits are worth way more than the 3.5 daily guarantee.

SavagePickle

IMG_0784.jpg Not to mention the posting was put up yesterday, and is now gone lol

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yeah, a lot of people disappeared for whatever reason last week. I turned in my driver helper uniform a week ago today, but I had worked the whole peak season inside, except for two days of helping a driver. Nobody told me the peak was over, but I was suddenly only working 3.5 hours. When I turned in the uniform, I told them I couldn't afford to work there anymore.
So, how you gonna get monies

Tom Tom

I worked the peak season just to see what it was like at UPS. I LOVED it. I really did. But I have other work and I don't need the benefits. I'm glad I did the seasonal gig.

I worked the peak season just to see what it was like at UPS. I LOVED it. I really did. But I have other work and I don't need the benefits. I'm glad I did the seasonal gig.
In some ways Peak is easier then the rest of the year. Lots of stops but no vacations or 8 hour request or 9.5 grievance. Sups too busy trying to get everything delivered to nit pick the small stuff.

BuckyBadger

UPS is still hiring part time peak employees where I am. People work there a day or two and quit. In fact none of us is really sure when peak is technically over...which makes it difficult to know when our 30 days start. No one seems to understand the central region contract either, if the days revert back if you stay on in January after coming in during November.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
UPS is still hiring part time peak employees where I am. People work there a day or two and quit. In fact none of us is really sure when peak is technically over...which makes it difficult to know when our 30 days start. No one seems to understand the central region contract either, if the days revert back if you stay on in January after coming in during November.
Thanks for reviving this important thread.....

Turdferguson

Just a turd
It's not that confusing

"(b) Seasonal Employees: Time worked from November 1st through
the Friday of the second full week of January of the following year
shall not accrue toward seniority. This period may be extended
upon approval from the Local Union. Any employee who is
retained after the Friday of the second full week of January, or
recalled within sixty (60) days after the Friday of the second full
week of January, must work thirty (30) in a ninety (90) consecutive
day period commencing with the first (1st) day worked after the
Friday of the second full week of January, and his/her seniority
shall revert back to the first (1st) day of his/her ninety (90) day qual-
ification period. However, those employees hired prior to