Stock hits 90 smackers a share!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
$86.03 today --- market is fickle.
PE is OK at 16
Yield or Dividend as a percent of stock price is 2.9 which is OK but not great.

Similar to McDonalds but not quite as good.
I own more McDonalds than I do UPS.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
PE is OK at 16

He's right. Look at what a fat country we are. Cheap, crappy, unhealthy food is an easy sell in Tubbyland. Put a CrapDonalds in every Wal-Mart, have a bus system pick everyone up, eat, buy worthless Chinese junk, then head over to the pharmacy to get jumbo sized bottles of generic statins to extend the misery. Little Pink Houses for you and me.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
PE is OK at 16

Macdonalds does so well because they are pretty much in the Real Estate Biz. ever notice the locations are ALWAYS in the prime arreas?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yuuuup!
​I'm on vacation next week. When word gets out on the street that UPS's best service provider is taking some time off, production should fall and the stock will tank.

Kinda like since I left, I hear everyone in my old building is out 10-11 hours every day.

ups hero

PE is OK at 16

Macdonalds does so well because they are pretty much in the Real Estate Biz. ever notice the locations are ALWAYS in the prime arreas?

#1 rule... LOCATION , LOCATION, LOCATION.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
He's right. Look at what a fat country we are. Cheap, crappy, unhealthy food is an easy sell in Tubbyland. Put a CrapDonalds in every Wal-Mart, have a bus system pick everyone up, eat, buy worthless Chinese junk, then head over to the pharmacy to get jumbo sized bottles of generic statins to extend the misery. Little Pink Houses for you and me.

​Soon UPS will rescue us with a bmi surcharge, because they love us.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
PE is OK at 16

​It's fickle but surprise reports of bad news will spook even the non fickle.

Dracula

I own more of VZ than I do UPS too.
The yield is over 4 and they have 6 years of increased dividend and have paid dividends for 120 straight years.
​Good stock for retirees.

And we know they will always have the backing of our government, since they do their dirty work.

Dracula

No conspiracy theorist here--seriously--but it is truly frightening how the American public has turned a blind eye to the way our government has flipped terrorism on its own citizens.

What does it say about us, our government and the terrorists, that the NSA thinks the best way to stop an attack on the chubby homeland is to infiltrate every one of our computers, phones and snail mail? OK, try as you will, to make a case, about doing that to all other countries, but to do it to us, sounds the alarm bells to me. How many terrorist attacks came from us? How many?

We are no longer a free country. Call me paranoid, but what other conclusion can you draw? And to say, "if you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to worry about,"...well, I would say that you are one naive piece of newspaper blowing in the wind.

Our entire court system is based on the principle of innocent until proven guilty; yet every time I turn on the news, I hear some putz saying that he doesn't care that the government spies on his communications. Really? And we still have the nerve to claim that this is the greatest country on Earth? Are we deaf, dumb and blind?

Most of all. I believe in consistency. I've always been liberal. I make no apologies about it. You ask me, I will tell you: I voted for Obama twice. But Obama is no liberal.

I spent the Bush years bitching about The Patriot Act, and how it eroded our civil liberties, and all of my liberal friends agreed. But now, when Obama does his best Bush interpretation, many of my liberal friends act like Obama is just 'protecting' us. Well, sorry, Sam, those liberals turned out to be closet Orwell jackaninnies. If you believe something in 2003, how does the same thing turn all soft and fuzzy in 2013?

Sounds like a whippy, weak backbone to me. If this is Democrat, call my number, and pull my name from the list, friend. I like people who believe in something, and stick to it, no matter what the consequences. These wishy-washy candy-asses can go find someone else for a vote.

Lousy ****s.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Dracula, most of the terrorist attacks on US soil are perpetrated by US citizens; 9-11 and Boston are the exceptions, not the norm.
It depends....I think Ft.Hood was a terrorist attack .......but you 'll find it under "work place violence".
Terrorist attacks could be hidden under many different names.........