Stock Option

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
I've never pulled the trigger on the employee stock purchase program,yet. But I'm hearing from others that the stock price right now is at an all-time low. Anyone have thoughts on the program in general? Pro's-Con's...? Is this a better then normal time to start getting in on it?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What?!?!?!?! All time low? It's near it's all time HIGH.

I put $50 a week in. There are certainly better and worse things to do with your money.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
UPS is coming off it's all time high.
Buy high and sell low is not a good strategy.

5% discount is not a good enough reason to buy the stock of the company you work for.
UPS P/E ratio is around 21 .... really should be in 16 -18 range which indicates it is a bit overpriced.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
UPS is coming off it's all time high.
Buy high and sell low is not a good strategy.

5% discount is not a good enough reason to buy the stock of the company you work for.
UPS P/E ratio is around 21 .... really should be in 16 -18 range which indicates it is a bit overpriced.

Listen to what this man says. If you want to invest money, invest it in your 401k. It's a much better value.

upschuck

I think that buying in a ROTH IRA would be better than taking the 5% discount. You may be able to buy a little more now, but in the end you will have more through the Roth. No taxes on the dividends will cover that 5% pretty quickly. It is close to the high so it will probably do down a bit more but timing the market has make paupers out of many people. Just save money and buy stock at regular intervals and not worry about it. All the money I put into the market is extra money, and don't worry about down turns.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Perhaps you should stick to (mis)diagnosing concussions-----our stock is just shy of our all time high.

You know, the more of your posts I read the more you sound just like my center manager. Always throwing (mis)informed daggers at people when they're simply asking for advice. Apparently I was given bad stock information, that's why I thought it would be a great idea to ask the more experienced peeps here at the BrownCafe. Your reply contained no useful information. "our stock is just shy of our all time high." Did you not read the first reply to this post? Are you playing the repeater game? Or do you just like people to see your p***y(cat)?

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
I think that buying in a ROTH IRA would be better than taking the 5% discount. You may be able to buy a little more now, but in the end you will have more through the Roth. No taxes on the dividends will cover that 5% pretty quickly. It is close to the high so it will probably do down a bit more but timing the market has make paupers out of many people. Just save money and buy stock at regular intervals and not worry about it. All the money I put into the market is extra money, and don't worry about down turns.

THANK YOU! I think you should give upsate a lesson on how to post informative/helpful replies. I appreciate all the information you just bestowed upon me upschuck. We need more members like you here

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Shouldn't you be at your satellite center with sledge hammer in hand?:balloon:
How long did it take you guys to get the door of the TP60 open?

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Shouldn't you be at your satellite center with sledge hammer in hand?:balloon:
How long did it take you guys to get the door of the TP60 open?

Got it open just before noon. First completed stop was around 1. Was instructed to EC everything north of 60(45 stops). So today should be another spectacular day!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
THANK YOU! I think you should give upsate a lesson on how to post informative/helpful replies. I appreciate all the information you just bestowed upon me upschuck. We need more members like you here
Check out the retirement section on here. There are a few investment threads over there that have some pretty good advice.

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Check out the retirement section on here. There are a few investment threads over there that have some pretty good advice.

Thank you sir. I will do that. I'm not looking to pull the trigger immediately, just don't want to miss out on any good investment opportunities that may be available.

upschuck

You are quite welcome.

We can't tell Upstate much of anything. I just ignore some of his posts since they are a bit mean on people. He does depart some wisdom which is helpful, so I don't ignore everything. You'll get used to him. Most active members here have had a spat with him at one time or another. Take the good with the bad

Squint

No more work for me!
Perhaps you should stick to (mis)diagnosing concussions-----our stock is just shy of our all time high.

You got beat up a lot while in school didn't you. You come on here to bully most people around and I think you should get a spanking for that. 407 is right, you just don't give a damn what you say to people at all. You've pissed off most everyone on this site at least once I suppose. It starts with you; you must hate yourself therefore you make everyone around here miserable with your responses. You really do need help.

ps sorry for sidetracking the thread