Stock steady above $100, will it split?

brown2bone

Any one higher up in the company heard of a stock split now that the shares are steady above $100/share.? Companies usually split around this time and hoping they do.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Have not heard but it could be.
Institutional funds hold a high amount of UPS stock so the need to make it attractive to individuals is not as strong.
If FedEx splits, UPS would follow almost for sure.
There are already a bunch of goobers that whine about FedEx stock share cost being more than UPS.
Of course, these people are not to stock savvy to begin with.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Goobers

goober.jpg
goober.jpg

goober1.jpg
goober2.jpg

purplesky

Any one higher up in the company heard of a stock split now that the shares are steady above $100/share.? Companies usually split around this time and hoping they do.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Hopefully soon we will see a big market correction. The stock market is way over priced and so is UPS at $102.71.

FDX at $151.41 is a joke.

Since Apple did their split recently companies like Priceline,AutoZone,Chipotle,Biogen,Netflix,Amazon,etc might do splits now because normal investors cannot afford to buy shares.

UPS at $102.71 will not see a split. It would be cool though.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hopefully soon we will see a big market correction. The stock market is way over priced and so is UPS at $102.71.

Since Apple did their split recently companies like Priceline,AutoZone,Chipotle,Biogen,Netflix,Amazon,etc might do splits now because normal investors cannot afford to buy shares.

Dow 17k puts it close to the historical top as far as P/E ratios go.

While we are due for a correction I wouldn't say its drastically over priced. I wouldn't be surprised to see it run up another 5% or so.

purplesky

Dow 17k puts it close to the historical top as far as P/E ratios go.

While we are due for a correction I wouldn't say its drastically over priced. I wouldn't be surprised to see it run up another 5% or so.

The problem is we haven't had any real corrections at all and that doesn't seem healthy for the markets?

While I love to see my account balances increase each week and companies are all increasing dividends it just seems like we are in a small bubble?

I have cash in my Roth IRA ready to spend and this damn market just won't go down at all?:laughing2:

It seems like so many people never got back in the stock market after 2008 so what is driving these markets so high for so long?

Brownslave688

The problem is we haven't had any real corrections at all and that doesn't seem healthy for the markets?

While I love to see my account balances increase each week and companies are all increasing dividends it just seems like we are in a small bubble?

I have cash in my Roth IRA ready to spend and this damn market just won't go down at all?:laughing2:

It seems like so many people never got back in the stock market after 2008 so what is driving these markets so high for so long?
From what I've been reading most are back in. At least the ones that didn't totally sell out and just retire.

Read a good article the other day basically saying it's eerily quite on Wall Street right now. No one is worried and it's all puppies and rainbows.

I find it pretty funny the stock market is fairly simple as I see it. When it's all doom and gloom it's time to buy. When it's all looking great with no one worried the top is likely near and it's time to sell.

purplesky

Lately I have been trying to buy big companies like ATT and GE and Verizon etc. that pay dividends.

Its been kind of fun buying individual stocks in my Roth IRA but all the companies just seem really expensive right now? Maybe they are not? Maybe I am just poor?:biggrin:

Brownslave688

Lately I have been trying to buy big companies like ATT and GE and Verizon etc. that pay dividends.

Its been kind of fun buying individual stocks in my Roth IRA but all the companies just seem really expensive right now? Maybe they are not? Maybe I am just poor?:biggrin:
Lol

Sounds like you use the Roth IRA like I do. It's kind of my fun money. This will be the last year we will be eligible to put money into one. So without much money in it I try to take huge risks and make big gains.

Got into Facebook at around $20 so I'm holding onto that for awhile.

By The Book

Agreed!, FDX is way overpriced compared to UPS stock. The market moved up real fast the last month. I see a 60-80 point correction coming for the S and P 500. Housing should take off with these interest rates.

purplesky

Lol

Sounds like you use the Roth IRA like I do. It's kind of my fun money. This will be the last year we will be eligible to put money into one. So without much money in it I try to take huge risks and make big gains.

Got into Facebook at around $20 so I'm holding onto that for awhile.

I guess you can always just do a regular brokerage account instead of a Roth? That would still be fun and no investment dollar limit so thats cool? Facebook could really pay off big time. I bought Southwest airlines below $10 a share several years ago and it just keeps going up and up.

I Should be able to max out my Roth this year so I am going to throw some money into a brokerage account also and buy tax efficient type ETFs?

I am really starting to realize that having a tax strategy for retirement is huge. So I am spreading money around in different types of investments.

purplesky

Agreed!, FDX is way overpriced compared to UPS stock. The market moved up real fast the last month. I see a 60-80 point correction coming for the S and P 500. Housing should take off with these interest rates.

Yes it sure seems like we are due for a real market correction. We had a few dips not that long ago but they never stuck and the bull kept running.:biggrin:

purplesky

Some say the fed is creating the biggest asset bubble of all time.

Is that the quantitative easing? The feds pumping money into the system? I sure hope
this whole theory about it is wrong.
Hopefully when the feds stop pumping money into the markets the whole house of market cards doesn't come down.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I heard one pundit say about a week ago that he wouldn't be surprised to see the DOW hit 44,000 by the end of 2015. But of course for every one of those you get one or two who just have to disagree. Just enjoy the ride for now, you're in it for the long haul.