Stock

Re-Raise

I worked the DESPP for years before they changed the rules. I also owned shares of OPL and UPS before the IPO.

It is still a really good dividend stock, but I don't own any shares anymore.

onestoptogo

1200 shares purchased as a part-time employee before going public. I just could not turn down the free money they were giving. Even during the strike they only lowered it around 50 cents. After going public I had 2400 shares. Sold them all to put on a addition to my house, pay off my house, and buy me a nice sports car. No regrets.

Re-Raise

1200 shares purchased as a part-time employee before going public. I just could not turn down the free money they were giving.

What free money were they giving away? Do you remember the purchase limit allowed per year? Do you remember the shares you had to buy in the block with your UPS shares?

I have 586 shares. If you're asking about current rules $10K max per year DESPP and $10min per pay period. I know nothing about the 'free money' unless they were talking about the dividends or the old 10% discount.

The 5% does make it worth it still and even with the $.78 dividend, not a great (even good) rate of return. I buy $10K/year and sell as soon as it becomes available.