Stop count

john chesney

This one intown route that i cover while following orion stop for stop always wants me to have 110 stops done by 1500 hrs. By looking at the metrics of the route it looks like it wants me to have 60 done by 1200 and another 50 done by 1500 before pickups. It seems this route is made for you to be a runner on it and not to mention i never meet these numbers and im not able to take a lunch while doing said route that normally gets 130 or a little more a day. My question is am i slow? Or if the driver got this route down to a science where he can meet these numbers that i cant meet and take a lunch on it.
You’re a pkg driver not a :censored2:ing scientist. Stop looking at that :censored2: before you wreck the truck and have real problems. I never once looked at that stupid computer they set up

Daf

This one intown route that i cover while following orion stop for stop always wants me to have 110 stops done by 1500 hrs. By looking at the metrics of the route it looks like it wants me to have 60 done by 1200 and another 50 done by 1500 before pickups. It seems this route is made for you to be a runner on it and not to mention i never meet these numbers and im not able to take a lunch while doing said route that normally gets 130 or a little more a day. My question is am i slow? Or if the driver got this route down to a science where he can meet these numbers that i cant meet and take a lunch on it.
This is why the union will not acknowledge any number brought up by management. Do your best, take your break every day. Let management explain to their bosses why no one can meet the numbers.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I had to do this on a route I was covering for most of this week. It’s not my job to fix their mistakes. Running businesses for 1.5 routes and doing pickups leaves no time for lunch.

If it’s not your job to fix their mistakes why are you fixing their mistakes by not taking a lunch

SMH!!!

Poop Head

Judge me.
your PDS isnt putting your ETA adjustment in correctly

that’s literally all it is, everyone else in this thread is talking out of their ass
Yes, advising our young union brother to not break the law, take his lunch break, and consistently use safe working methods is bogus. Sorry original poster.

If it’s not your job to fix their mistakes why are you fixing their mistakes by not taking a lunch

SMH!!!
I think he meant he took his full lunch, and communicated that there would most likely be service failures.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

My route wants me done with 175 stops about 105 miles by 530PM with an hour lunch. I’m lucky to be done by 7 without a lunch. Don’t worry about it. The numbers and expectations change by the day.

UrFellowUpser

I dont make the numbers or even try because by doing so you will mess up some :censored2: and take mad shortcuts. I mainly look at them for amusement. Them numbers are crazy though i dont know wtf they expect from us. I normally can get 45 stops off by 1200 but 60 is just insane to me not happening.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I had to do this on a route I was covering for most of this week. It’s not my job to fix their mistakes. Running businesses for 1.5 routes and doing pickups leaves no time for lunch.
Lunches and brakes are an afterthought on most of these routes... they put 11 hours of work on the car and want it done in 9 and then you can figure it out where that extra 55 minutes for lunch and breaks are going to come from....that’s why some drivers take their personal time when they are driving out or coming back to the building... total fkng bull:censored2:

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

IMG_1895.GIF
your PDS isnt putting your ETA adjustment in correctly

that’s literally all it is, everyone else in this thread is talking out of their ass

Coldworld

60 months and counting
As long as you scratch, management will be happy. I did a route where I was right on the Orion estimates, but an hour and a half over allowed. The only time I've ever been talked to about over allowed.
Did you call them out on it???? What did they say???

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Did you call them out on it???? What did they say???

That's when I learned the Orion estimates have nothing to do with planned days. As for the over allowed, I just happened to have the most that day, and the DM was requiring ORS's to talk to the worst performers at that time. Wasn't written up or anything, just had to explain that almost none of the houses on the route had good DR spots, so I had to take extra time hiding packages and putting notes on doors. You know, following those pesky methods...

JL 0513

What's the total mileage solution Orion is showing?

110 stops by 3pm? With lunch? No way, except on a tight high stop route.

Check to see what the first stop ETA is. In my building, start time is 9:05. Usually leave building around 9:30 on average. Orion screen says first stop is...9:10 for example when it's actually going to be 9:45. Already 35 minutes behind at 1st stop. That's why you can't look at other ETA's because they don't fix anything. The only way to make 1st stop ETA is to teleport.

Last edited:

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
In my building, start time is 9:05. Usually leave building around 9:30 on average. Orion screen says first stop is...9:10 for example when it's actually going to be 9:45. Already 35 minutes behind at 1st stop. That's why you cantc look at other ETA's because they don't fix anything. The only way to make 1st stop ETA is to teleport.
your PDS is screwing you, an accurate leave building time would stop that

UrFellowUpser

What's the total mileage solution Orion is showing?

110 stops by 3pm? With lunch? No way, except on a tight high stop route.

Check to see what the first stop ETA is. In my building, start time is 9:05. Usually leave building around 9:30 on average. Orion screen says first stop is...9:10 for example when it's actually going to be 9:45. Already 35 minutes behind at 1st stop. That's why you can't look at other ETA's because they don't fix anything. The only way to make 1st stop ETA is to teleport.
That route gets between 135 to 145 when i do cover it and yea it wants me to have 110 done by 1500hrs with an hour lunch. The mileage be like 130