Stop & Shop goes on Strike

Babagounj

Strength through joy
On its website, Stop & Shop said it is the "only large fully-unionized food retailer left in New England."

Workers walked out at 1 PM today.

The strike includes workers at Stop & Shop's 134 stores in Massachusetts, 92 locations in Connecticut and 27 Rhode Island stores.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
On its website, Stop & Shop said it is the "only large fully-unionized food retailer left in New England."

The strike includes workers at Stop & Shop's 134 stores in Massachusetts, 92 locations in Connecticut and 27 Rhode Island stores.
And I guess they will be the last.

542thruNthru

And I guess they will be the last.
images.png

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Guess I’m stopping at Stop and Shop tonight
Lots and lots of freight coming in at record levels. My customers tell me the sales people came in and made them offers they couldn’t refuse. We are a freight company now with no lift gate. No tow motor. One person and 140+ pound packages. Some strapped to Wooden pallets with metal straps. Fantastic!! Smh.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?

A union with a backbone? I always wondered what that looked like.

Misthios

Lots and lots of freight coming in at record levels. My customers tell me the sales people came in and made them offers they couldn’t refuse. We are a freight company now with no lift gate. No tow motor. One person and 140+ pound packages. Some strapped to Wooden pallets with metal straps. Fantastic!! Smh.

Hey man sack up and pick that thing up with one arm and do some curls. A guy behind a desk says you can lift 150 no problem.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hey man sack up and pick that thing up with one arm and do some curls. A guy behind a desk says you can lift 150 no problem.
They way you have to lift it is the problem. It’s on the floor and you are below the dock and have to lift it over your head onto a dock. Absolutely impossible to do safely.

Misthios

They way you have to lift it is the problem. It’s on the floor and you are below the dock and have to lift it over your head onto a dock. Absolutely impossible to do safely.

Trust me I know man. I've had crates for.places before where I've gotta get help or I'm not getting that damn thing on the dock.

clean hairy

The guy behind the desk should read the contract.
"Anything over 70 lbs requires the help of another bargaining unit member." (Best as i recall, not exact language)
So, you got one that is 130 lbs, a person at the business you are picking up from cannot assist.
You are obligated to notify management to send another bargaining unit employee to assist. They will then have to figure how you and the other driver will not have service failures.
Eventually, they may figure out anything over 70 should be sent using the freight division.

Days

"Anything over 70 lbs requires the help of another bargaining unit member." (Best as i recall, not exact language)
So, you got one that is 130 lbs, a person at the business you are picking up from cannot assist.
You are obligated to notify management to send another bargaining unit employee to assist. They will then have to figure how you and the other driver will not have service failures.
Eventually, they may figure out anything over 70 should be sent using the freight division.

Ya idk anyone that does that. Not sure how this kind of stuff gets missed. If 70+ lbs require assistance and no one else is there to assist? What are you supposed to do

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I never delivered an over 70 without bargaining unit employee help

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I try to buy American but figuring out which product is Union made is too much trouble and too limiting and usually cost prohibitive.
Cost prohibitive for a single mom with 2 kids just trying to get by.... not really for an ex ups manager who probably has a portfolio of at least 1 million dollars in investments and home equity.....come on jingles!!!!