Storage Units

brownieworker

Do you deliver to outdoor storage units? When you do.. do you take packages to office or get the keys for individual units? This :censored2: is getting out of control just wondering what the policy is

SandSpida

My rule was if it can all fit on a hand cart it goes to there office. If it was huge stuff I would drop it in front of storage locker for them to deal with. My storage places didn’t have indoor lockers or multiple levels. The staff would always say that other drivers did it a different way that made there life easier, I would respond with, I hope you tipped them nicely during the holidays.

JL 0513

The DIAD always has notes to deliver to each unit in my area. Amazing all the businesses that store bulk crap in these units.

542thruNthru

Had a war with a storage unit company way back. I got LP involved because I refused to take anything to a storage unit because if anything came up missing or broken I could be blamed. A storage unit is not a business. LP backed me and I left everything at the office.

DriverNerd

Had a war with a storage unit company way back. I got LP involved because I refused to take anything to a storage unit because if anything came up missing or broken I could be blamed. A storage unit is not a business. LP backed me and I left everything at the office.
That's how it should be.

I've done both depending on the situation. I have one route I cover where one person always gets dental supplies (vendor). 30 boxes of floss and toothpaste. They have a storage unit on a bottom floor near the door. I have no problem putting it in the unit.

I have others that were "it's on the third floor". Told them I'm not going to do that and they took it at the front office.

But your way is the way it should be done for everything, IMO.

542thruNthru

That's how it should be.

I've done both depending on the situation. I have one route I cover where one person always gets dental supplies (vendor). 30 boxes of floss and toothpaste. They have a storage unit on a bottom floor near the door. I have no problem putting it in the unit.

I have others that were "it's on the third floor". Told them I'm not going to do that and they took it at the front office.

But your way is the way it should be done for everything, IMO.
It's was always snap on tools or stuff like that. A storage unit is not a business and I'm not going in to get 3 or 4 different keys.

GenericUsername

99% of the time it's to the office on the routes I have covered in the past. I have only had two instances where I delivered to the unit while the storage employee was present, and them being the only one going into the unit.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Love it
Eff taking stuff to individual units
Glad and surprised you got backed up by LP
Thats the job of the office or the person that has the unit

AKCoverMan

RUNNER 🚨 ALERT

STOP RUNNING !!

take everything to the units , paid by the hr

SMH
🧔‍♂️✊
When I was a cover in the big city did a route in medical park district with big storage place that had a number of different pharma reps in different units. Loaded stuff of their four wheel carts, put stuff in units, then made office sign. This was SOP how bid driver did it. Counted as four stops. Cameras on me who,e time in building and their office employee signed so never really worried about getting blamed for something.

Other routes the storage place adamant about all coming to office. When in Rome…

AKCoverMan

It's was always snap on tools or stuff like that. A storage unit is not a business and I'm not going in to get 3 or 4 different keys.
I have a SnapOn dealer, we deliver to his house. Has a fully enclosed walkway between house and big garage and shop where he parks the Snap On truck and keeps extra stock. We back up to man door on this walkway we have door code and stack the stuff inside. If they are home his wife and/or sons will come out and its a “scan and hand” although with Diad 6 I got em all trained to not mix new boxes with old till I know we got em all lol!

They are great family, and I don’t say that just because I have cool Snap Op jackets from them lol

542thruNthru

I have a SnapOn dealer, we deliver to his house. Has a fully enclosed walkway between house and big garage and shop where he parks the Snap On truck and keeps extra stock. We back up to man door on this walkway we have door code and stack the stuff inside. If they are home his wife and/or sons will come out and its a “scan and hand” although with Diad 6 I got em all trained to not mix new boxes with old till I know we got em all lol!

They are great family, and I don’t say that just because I have cool Snap Op jackets from them lol
Had a guy that gave us his garage door code. Back up to the door open it and unload.