STRAIGHT LINING????

fatboy33

friends from other stations have told us they're straight lining everyday while we're being told no straightline. We're leaving the station so late, we only have an hour to complete business P1. Residential P1 has been extended to 1200 but we're still missing service. Has service been suspended because this doesn't make sense to us.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
friends from other stations have told us they're straight lining everyday while we're being told no straightline. We're leaving the station so late, we only have an hour to complete business P1. Residential P1 has been extended to 1200 but we're still missing service. Has service been suspended because this doesn't make sense to us.
An HOUR for P1!?!? I had ten minutes today. Yesterday my first Business P1 was at 1033.

HedleyLamarr

We are still running service although everyone is having lates and management hasn't said anything about it. They don't seem to care right now.

Yesterday was a total bust for us. We had a container mixup with another station, and we were told to go on break and wait for our container. We did not leave the station until almost 11. No surprise, we were given permission to straight line yesterday, but only the one day.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
No surprise, we were given permission to straight line yesterday, but only the one day.
Sounds like the Senior is fudging numbers somehow, some way. Management priority is to look good on a report.

!Retired!

That's a management decision. Just run it the way they want. What's the big deal?

El Morado Diablo

We were told the Memphis hub is still short more than 1300 employees.

We chase P1's every day but more days than not we don't leave the building before 1030. All they can do is keep trying to hire more people and find rentals for them to drive. Our new hires keep quitting and they've given up trying to hire casuals because no one wants the job.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Memphis MUST remain focused on protecting dividends for stockholders, even as they watch their business plan circle the drain.

BTW, have you ever studied how much stock the board of directors hold in this company? So, whose interest are they protecting?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

The MEMH head count is slowly rising. I think they were down over 3000 a few weeks ago. What that has meant (for our region, anyway) is that planes leave MEMH/arrive at ramps a couple of minutes earlier, which isn't enough to really matter, but the minisort time at the ramps has dropped significantly. They're getting more done during the sort at the hub. I'm ready for the staffing to return to normal.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Memphis MUST remain focused on protecting dividends for stockholders, even as they watch their business plan circle the drain.

BTW, have you ever studied how much stock the board of directors hold in this company? So, whose interest are they protecting?

They are protecting their own interests, which means it's in their best interests for the company to perform well.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Here’s hoping you don’t live to regret straight lining. We all know how much faster and efficient it is, but it also establishes a new SPH rate. And once established, it takes an act of Congress to get it lowered to reality.

fatboy33

We chase P1's every day but more days than not we don't leave the building before 1030. All they can do is keep trying to hire more people and find rentals for them to drive. Our new hires keep quitting and they've given up trying to hire casuals because no one wants the job.
Our new hires quit because they don't want to work and the fact it takes over 20 years to top out.