Strange Label on package.

irs

Hey,
I work as a receiver and a package we received today had a marking i had never seen before.

can someone identify this?, sorry i do not know where to post this... no where seems appropriate.
unknowndonotlabel.jpg

P

pickup

That is a subtle anti-"america's foreign policy" symbol. That shape within the circle with the slash is a pentagon(five sides). Not a regular pentagon(where all five sides are equal in length) like the one in washington because then that would be too obvious and the protestors would be up in arms against the Canadian company that shipped that box.

Come on people, it's right in front of your noses. You just have to look.

taken from wikmacapedia:

In geometry, a pentagon From the Greek number 5 (pente) is any five-sided polygon. A pentagon may be simple or self-intersecting. The internal angles in a simple pentagon total 540°. A pentagram is an example of a self-intersecting pentagon.

satellitedriver

Come on people, it's right in front of your noses. You just have to look.
pickup wins the Cupie Doll, he said it all.
One just has to look not read, or think.
It is a universal symbol for FRAGILE.
Non-language based communication.
At a basic level, the graphic means not to drop this box on it's edge.

newgirl

Looks like you aren't supposed to load that pkg in an LD3 container. LD3's are like the luggage cans you see at the airport. They flie under the cabin in the belly. What was in it?

klein

Für Meno :)
pickup wins the Cupie Doll, he said it all.
One just has to look not read, or think.
It is a universal symbol for FRAGILE.
Non-language based communication.
At a basic level, the graphic means not to drop this box on it's edge.

I disagree on that one.
Just google fragile under images, you won't find that "international label" there.
more fragile labels are here : http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=fragile+label&qpvt=fragile+label&FORM=Z7FD

The international and typical one is the red broken glass label, there is even 1 there with chinese writing.

You'll find this one though (I like).

1950s%20Clipper%20Cargo%20-%20Fragil.jpg

drewed

Shankman
GMy thinking if it was if it was a live animal.... cargo holds on pax aircraft generally aren't heated/ heated to an extent to sustain life

irs

Thanks guys,
it was on a pallet of Cpap machines.
defiantly not something i had ever seen before
it came from Youngwood PA, USA to B.C. Canada. we have been finding it on a few different shipments, and no one seems to know what it means!

i like your responses - keep them coming. LD3 was our first guess, (no one knew it was called LD3 tho)