Strangest or most memorable customer complaint?

DriverMD

Recently had a guy say that I was knocking on his door too loud to 've a signature. I'm sure you more experienced guys have more interesting moments.

raceanoncr

Maybe not strange but, to me, most memorable because it was laughable.

Many yrs ago, on a regular P/C ride along, I took a short cut in an affluent 'hood to deliver to the daughter of a well-to-do furniture empress. It was paved with, what appeared to be, kind of a cobblestone. Cars use it all the time.

She was working out in yard (why, I don't know. She could afford gardener. OK, so don't dis me that she was doing her own work, OK?). We, gleefully, hopped out to have her sign for pkg (remember what that was? Singing for a pkg?). She then says, "I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't drive that TRUCK down that road". This, diligent, politically and company correct people of a supervisor promptly blurts out, "It's not a TRUCK, it's a PACKAGE CAR". She: "I don't care WHAT it is, I don't want it on my drive".

rod

Retired 22 years
We had a nut case call the UPS hot line over a hundred times complaining that the driver who went by his house was shooting deer out the door of his truck---as he drove. It was funny at first but they ended up having to call the Sheriff on this guy and he eventually got put in a "home" for wacky dudes.

oldngray

nowhere special

Many yrs ago, on a regular P/C ride along, I took a short cut in an affluent 'hood to deliver to the daughter of a well-to-do furniture empress. It was paved with, what appeared to be, kind of a cobblestone. Cars use it all the time.

She was working out in yard (why, I don't know. She could afford gardener. OK, so don't dis me that she was doing her own work, OK?). We, gleefully, hopped out to have her sign for pkg (remember what that was? Singing for a pkg?). She then says, "I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't drive that TRUCK down that road". This, diligent, politically and company correct people of a supervisor promptly blurts out, "It's not a TRUCK, it's a PACKAGE CAR". She: "I don't care WHAT it is, I don't want it on my drive".

I had a similar rich bitch complain about me in her driveway too. She was a rich doctor's wife and was going to open a silly little store of her own and was getting a lot of big packages to her house (since she hadn't yet opened the store). Her house was at the end of a long driveway so I had to drive to her house to deliver all of that junk. Karma is a bitch though because her oh so special house was later torn down when the city built a freeway ramp there.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Customer complained a driver was pissing directly out the back door of his truck in their parking lot. The driver got the nickname "Mainstream" as that's all the customer saw splattering the asphalt like a bull pissing on a flat rock.

UPSwife0174

I remember a complaint that the UPS guy farted in their business.

Please tell me they didn't actually call that complaint in???

Someone called to complain that my husband was driving "fast and recklessly." This from the man who has NEVER had a speeding ticket in the 22 years he's had a license. Not because he's lucky, but because he's the slowest, most cautious driver i've ever known (well, aside from his dad and brother). If we're in a hurry, I always drive. Only thing he could figure was the squeaky brakes made it seem like he was being "reckless" somehow.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I left a delivery notice in a door one time for a signature requires. Customer called raising hell because, "Your driver put a note on my door while I was on vacation advertising to the world that I wasn't there. I could have been robbed."

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I heard that a driver opened a garage door and accidentally let out a pure bred dog that got knocked up by the neighborhood mutt. The customer wanted UPS to pay for the doggy abortion.

overallowed

Another driver in our center made a sig required deliver to a remote location. Front door was open, and the lady of the house was wearing headphones, and doing housework in the buff. After ring doorbell and waving his arms, he finally got her attention. Her husband complained and said our driver was a "peeping tom" and demanded his firing. Sup told him if wifey wants to do housework in the nude, shut the door. Driver continued employment until retirement.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I delivered to a Yamaha motorcycle dealer. 99% of their packages were COD, even from Yamaha and all other suppliers. It was a nightmare. I might get 10 packages from Yamaha from 4 different factories and had to keep the cod and checks straight. Their bookkeeper was a nice little old lady about 80 years old. The parts manager would meet me every day and be very interested in what I brought. I had to keep an eye on him because he would want to walk away with boxes before I made sure they were paid and signed for. Come to find out, the guy was ordering stuff for himself, having the company pay for it, then he would steal it. The owner eventually figured out something was amiss and confronted the guy. He claimed that I was drunk most days that I came in there, and I was stealing stuff from them. They called in and informed UPS. I got called into the office with a bunch of big shots and grilled. I didn't know WTF was going on. This was on a Friday. I had to wait till Tuesday to find out what was going on since they were closed on Mondays. On Tuesday I went there and asked the owner about it. They told me the story, then apologized, because in the meantime, the guy had confessed, and they had gone to his house and it was full of stolen merchandise. The owner called UPS and explained what happened and smoothed it over. I was ready to whip the guy's ass, and I would have if I had ever seen him again. The owner assured me he wouldn't show his face there ever again.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Lady called in and said. The driver broke into my house and left the package on my counter. No bs.
images-20.jpeg
Yup....lmao.
P.S.....it was a blender..yeah that's it...blender.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I'll one up you. Had a customer call and complain that I did a "power turn" in their gravel driveway. Same customer told me I had to go less than 5mph on their drive.

I'm not even kidding their drive looked like the whole thing had been rolled flat not one rock out of place. If they could tell you had been in their drive they called to complain.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Customer complained a driver was pissing directly out the back door of his truck in their parking lot. The driver got the nickname "Mainstream" as that's all the customer saw splattering the asphalt like a bull pissing on a flat rock.
We had one driver get called in multiple times for pissing in customers driveways.

upschuck

Someone called to complain that my husband was driving "fast and recklessly." This from the man who has NEVER had a speeding ticket in the 22 years he's had a license. Not because he's lucky, but because he's the slowest, most cautious driver i've ever known (well, aside from his dad and brother). If we're in a hurry, I always drive. Only thing he could figure was the squeaky brakes made it seem like he was being "reckless" somehow.
I got called in on that too, but had a sup in jumper seat doing a TLA. Only thing that we thought was the noise of the old PC's made it sound like speeding. I was glad he was on truck and backed me up.