Strategy ideas for UPS

BeerLover

Hey guys! I'm in the process of an interview and required to do an assignment. I am trying to identify two innovative strategic priorities over the next 5 years for UPS, and outline possible solutions associated with these strategic priorities. Having UPS deliver on Sundays would be a good example. I would like to hear what ideas you guys may have. Thanks!

T

Turdferguson

Hey guys! I'm in the process of an interview and required to do an assignment. I am trying to identify two innovative strategic priorities over the next 5 years for UPS, and outline possible solutions associated with these strategic priorities. Having UPS deliver on Sundays would be a good example. I would like to hear what ideas you guys may have. Thanks!

So your plan is to come on the internet and ask people for ideas so that you don't have to do your own job?

BeerLover

So your plan is to come on the internet and ask people for ideas so that you don't have to do your own job?
I already have 2 ideas in mind (Sunday deliveries and improve customer service). I'm just trying to get some more insights aside from my own. Further research on the ideas will be done by me

BeerLover

Same day local delivery routes. UPS can use dedicated drivers for certain businesses to conduct the same day delivery. Link existing client systems with UPS tracking systems to keep track of order volume. This service offering should be able to pick up a lot of new businesses from warehouse accounts, and UPS can create more jobs which can justify special training to the department of labor for those kickbacks (government grants).

Having UPS tracking system sync with existing systems clients are currently using is a great idea. This would allow new businesses to easily enroll with UPS if they currently aren't. Thanks for your insight

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
WAIT....WUT???????? Are you a management candidate having to do an "assignment"?

Dr.Brownz

I already have 2 ideas in mind (Sunday deliveries and improve customer service). I'm just trying to get some more insights aside from my own. Further research on the ideas will be done by me

To improve service you need to have work loads reduced.
The big wigs will never go for that becauase it will cut into the record breaking profits ups is making.

Sunday dels: do you know about dot regulations

Good luck trying to change the world

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
How about 4 10's starting Wednesdays and 4 10's starting on Saturdays. I'd jump on that bandwagon.
Wouldn't be a bad set up. I like the idea of Saturday ground. But implementation would be extremely difficult. Plus I doubt the current contract would allow it to be done profitably.

BeerLover

To improve service you need to have work loads reduced.
The big wigs will never go for that becauase it will cut into the record breaking profits ups is making.

Sunday dels: do you know about dot regulations

Good luck trying to change the world

This is actually for an entry level position. The managers just want to see what innovative ideas the candidates have aside from what UPS is already doing

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Not strategic!
Well then friend* it! You want strategic, here's one for you. Install missile batteries at every hub aimed at the manager's office and at the package cars. First time a driver is harassed, fire a missile at the manager's office. First time a driver...well nevermind, the supes would be nuked way before so there would be no one to catch a driver doing something wrong.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA