Stressed about Cyber Monday

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Hello guys, I’m worried about tomorrow and the rest of peak season. Management told me I’m going to be on a heavy route for the rest of peak and they will have me at 250-300 daily. It’s stressful being a cover driver because you can never get too comfortable on a single route before they move you around. This will be my second peak driving but last peak I was just thrown in a uHaul with a heater to deliver bulk all day.

Now I will be in an actual package car and I’ve heard the helper they are going to give me is not in the best of shape. I should be trying to sleep right now but I’m very stressed because I know I’ll be out delivering past 9 PM and it will be very cold. I wish they gave us a 9.5 dispatch...

We're all on the edge of our seats wanting to know.

Did you survive?

AwashBwashCwash

That doesn't even buy dinner and drinks on Saturday.

Oh believe me I know.
One of the drivers here took me out to dinner last week and when I saw the bill I immediately began calculating how many packages that meal was worth.
To top it all off he left our waitress a $20 for a tip and my head just about exploded.
I think I'm in the wrong business.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Plan on being at work for 14 hours and bring back stops if you need to at 1030. They can do absolutely nothing to you. You won’t be the only one bringing stops back.

Box Ox

I brought back the entire 8000 shelf and didn’t tell anyone and just put my Diad away and clocked out

Sounds like you haven't been trained correctly. Competent management would jump up and down telling new/seasonal drivers that all packages must be sheeted. You won't be canned this time, but I wouldn't do that again.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Sounds like you haven't been trained correctly. Competent management would jump up and down telling new/seasonal drivers that all packages must be sheeted. You won't be canned this time, but I wouldn't do that again.
Key word, competent management. Slowly dying off.