Stressed about Cyber Monday

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
It'll be waiting for you the next day.

Tip: Dont roll same section everyday. You'll dig yourself a hole that'll be hard to get out of.
Roll the same area and it will be nice and condensed when you finally get to it.
UPS used to do that years ago with Rural Remote.

PizzaToUps

Wow, how bad do you have to be to get DQ'd during Peak?!??!

Hmmm let’s see. I was at 250 stops on Monday with 600 pieces. About 40 pieces were left out of the truck because it was so full. Also 50 of those stops are business and this company got rid of RDO so I’m stuck using ODO. My helper flaked on me Monday so I was stuck by myself.

I don’t understand how they expect me to dig out a business stop that, for some reason, is on the 5000 shelf when my truck is almost brick loaded with irregs all down the center. I think I would have been fine if they allowed me to use RDO. I spent more time looking for packages than anything else. I spent too much time searching when the package may not have even been in the truck in the first place.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
DC9F45AF-113B-4F18-A099-6E9DD55CF5AB.gif
Hmmm let’s see. I was at 250 stops on Monday with 600 pieces. About 40 pieces were left out of the truck because it was so full. Also 50 of those stops are business and this company got rid of RDO so I’m stuck using ODO. My helper flaked on me Monday so I was stuck by myself.

I don’t understand how they expect me to dig out a business stop that, for some reason, is on the 5000 shelf when my truck is almost brick loaded with irregs all down the center. I think I would have been fine if they allowed me to use RDO. I spent more time looking for packages than anything else. I spent too much time searching when the package may not have even been in the truck in the first place.

RolloTony Brown Town

Hello guys, I’m worried about tomorrow and the rest of peak season. Management told me I’m going to be on a heavy route for the rest of peak and they will have me at 250-300 daily. It’s stressful being a cover driver because you can never get too comfortable on a single route before they move you around. This will be my second peak driving but last peak I was just thrown in a uHaul with a heater to deliver bulk all day.

Now I will be in an actual package car and I’ve heard the helper they are going to give me is not in the best of shape. I should be trying to sleep right now but I’m very stressed because I know I’ll be out delivering past 9 PM and it will be very cold. I wish they gave us a 9.5 dispatch...

They’ll probably keep you on the same route throughout peak. You’ll be heavy but so is everyone else.

One stop at a time.

One section at a time.

Be smart and plan ahead.

It’ll be over before you know it.

Zowert

Yeah peak sucks man. Do you have the same helper through peak? I’ve been getting a different one each day. Yesterday the helper I was supposed to get called in. I had just under 400 pieces over 245 stops to do by myself. They had to send someone out to take 40 stops off me so I could finish within 14.

Anyway, if you feel overwhelmed just stop for a minute. Get out of your truck, breathe and clear your mind. Like everyone says, take it one stop at a time. There’s no shame in asking for help.

Box Ox

They only expect that if you let them.

-Dump the irregs before you pull off the belt and request that they be shuttled out to you in a few hours after you've gotten some volume off. Call it a safety issue, which it is. Write down their PAL #s on a note to yourself so you're not looking for them if they belong to a stop that comes before they're shuttled out.

-Write, take a picture of and send a message to center stating you can't find multiple stops due to poor load quality and are in danger of having missed stops at the end of the day due to wasted time and backtracking. If there are any questions the next day, pull out your phone and show the proof that you warned the center you had a load issue.

-Write, take a picture of and send a message to center stating your helper bailed and you will have missed stops if you don't get any help. It happens to all drivers, and most drivers I know are more than willing to help each other get it done and get back home to their families. If you don't get any help and do have missed, you're covered. You told your center you were in trouble and it was up to them to manage. Sheet all of it missed before you punch. If there are any questions the next day, pull out your phone and show the proof that you warned the center you'd have missed.

The easiest path for management to take it to cram all that :censored2: in the truck, end the sort ASAP and blame anything that happens from there on you. But they CAN'T if you push back by communicating with them and covering your own butt.