Stressed about Cyber Monday

PizzaToUps

Hello guys, I’m worried about tomorrow and the rest of peak season. Management told me I’m going to be on a heavy route for the rest of peak and they will have me at 250-300 daily. It’s stressful being a cover driver because you can never get too comfortable on a single route before they move you around. This will be my second peak driving but last peak I was just thrown in a uHaul with a heater to deliver bulk all day.

Now I will be in an actual package car and I’ve heard the helper they are going to give me is not in the best of shape. I should be trying to sleep right now but I’m very stressed because I know I’ll be out delivering past 9 PM and it will be very cold. I wish they gave us a 9.5 dispatch...

542thruNthru

Hello guys, I’m worried about tomorrow and the rest of peak season. Management told me I’m going to be on a heavy route for the rest of peak and they will have me at 250-300 daily. It’s stressful being a cover driver because you can never get too comfortable on a single route before they move you around. This will be my second peak driving but last peak I was just thrown in a uHaul with a heater to deliver bulk all day.

Now I will be in an actual package car and I’ve heard the helper they are going to give me is not in the best of shape. I should be trying to sleep right now but I’m very stressed because I know I’ll be out delivering past 9 PM and it will be very cold. I wish they gave us a 9.5 dispatch...

Stop stressing. Wear warm clothes and take it one stop at a time and take your lunch and breaks to keep you fresh though out the day. When you run out of hours bring the truck back.

You're to worried about how well you'll do on the route. Who cares, just go out there and deliver. If it takes you 3 hours to do 10 stops it's not your problem. The more you care about their numbers the more your days at UPS will suck.

542thruNthru

Easy money!

2.gif

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Work your 14 hours if need be. Rinse and repeat for the next month.

Maplewood

if you take all your breaks, usually 3 if you work late, and an Hour lunch and later a half hour lunch, you will only have to work a max of 12 hours. 14 hours after you punch in is still the limit. Take your time, the more you have to bring back as missed, the less they will send you out with. Unless you are stupid enough to run and get in in 9 hours. Then they will bury you in extra work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Stop stressing. Wear warm clothes and take it one stop at a time and take your lunch and breaks to keep you fresh though out the day. When you run out of hours bring the truck back.

You're to worried about how well you'll do on the route. Who cares, just go out there and deliver. If it takes you 3 hours to do 10 stops it's not your problem. The more you care about their numbers the more your days at UPS will suck.
Ummm I was hoping for another dividend raise.

So run forest run

Indecisi0n

Bring pee bottles. Ain't nobody got time to break for a bathroom with that many stops.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They should keep you on the same route for peak. First few days will suck as you learn to run the route, then also figure out the best way to use your helper. Embrace the hell, and it will embrace you, relax into it and all will be well.

Brownsocks

Just a dog

Try to get a shuttle and learn your route inside and out. 250 or 300 stops has to be a really tight route so work smarter and not harder.

Heavy Package

I’ll be out delivering past 9 PM and it will be very cold. I wish they gave us a 9.5 dispatch...

We were over at a friends house last night and everyone kept asking me about how much volume, stress, work, etc. I was going to have until Christmas.

I laughed and said my family understands that I will be working late and that this is easy money. I popped a bottle of Champagne and gave a big toast to health, family, and friends. Who gives a :censored2:ck about UPS or Peak Season?

badpal

Dont worry, by the time crunch time gets here your out of shape helper will be a lean mean delivering machine. Either that or he quits by tomorrow afternoon. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS.