Stretch those Socks!

P

pickup

Yes!!, another thread about UPS socks.

The current regime I am under has decided to enforce the rule about wearing them when wearing shorts. So knowing where and when to pick my battles, I have been complying.

However I quickly noticed how tight they were around the ankles or calves. (depending on which ones you wear) and how tired my feet were after my day of work.

I tried stretching the hole manually but the socks are of good quality and my efforts availed me no results.

I then decided to do something else. After washing them , instead of putting them in the dryer, I "put them on" a circular tube that just happened to be holding clorox wipes(no importance regarding what was in the tube).

Anyway the tube is about 4 and 1/2 inches in diameter and I came back two days later when they were definitely dry and then put them on for another work day.

Success! I stretched them out permanently and my feetsies are no longer tired from pinched circulation.

I post this tale for those who suffer from the same situation and offer a possible solution.

OptimusPrime

We had this crap started in our center. Everybody that wasn't already just does black "no shows". Nobody has been called out about it. Though that could possibly be because we now have like 50+ late air a day and it's at the bottom of the list for "real issues".

Future

Victory Ride
Get an old timer to give u a pair. Cut the top off. Wear it on top of the no shows.
IMG_0959.GIF

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

The current regime I am under has decided to enforce the rule about wearing them when wearing shorts. So knowing where and when to pick my battles, I have been complying.

However I quickly noticed how tight they were around the ankles or calves. (depending on which ones you wear) and how tired my feet were after my day of work.

I tried stretching the hole manually but the socks are of good quality and my efforts availed me no results.

I then decided to do something else. After washing them , instead of putting them in the dryer, I "put them on" a circular tube that just happened to be holding clorox wipes(no importance regarding what was in the tube).

Anyway the tube is about 4 and 1/2 inches in diameter and I came back two days later when they were definitely dry and then put them on for another work day.

Success! I stretched them out permanently and my feetsies are no longer tired from pinched circulation.

I post this tale for those who suffer from the same situation and offer a possible solution.

Do you lift bro

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
That's actual a useful thing. You gotta take good care of your feet of this is a long range career choice. You should post it in the Simple Hacks for Drivers thread. Seriously.

I always stretched them over my shaft. Which coincidentally is also 4 1/2". Ohhhh, you said width. Never mind!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I'd try and lose a lb or 80 if socks are pinching off your circulation.