Strike authorization vote was just a ruse.

BrownSkid

LeBrown Shames
My feeling is, it was all smoke and mirrors.

Unless UPS was not offering any raises, 5 year RPCD progression, who knows what other garbage was being thrown...

It changed to our favor when light bulb came on and our very own D.T. introduced 22.4's

We should be rejoicing and thanking him, maybe it is the greatest contract they bargained out. Smh.

Teamsters are interested in more dues whether it’s rpcd dues or hybrid driver dues, which would be at a decrease from what they collect from us now. If I was running the union, I wouldn’t be negotiating for a decrease in income when the company there dealing with is making record money. Wake the :censored2: up!!

BrownSkid

LeBrown Shames
Yep. If you get :censored2:ed pretty hard with a bad Contract when times are good, you're gonna get it much, much worse when times are bad (recession, etc).
That makes sense why there may be yes voters out there. Their reasoning is, they're giving us lube this time around.

John Boy

My feeling is, it was all smoke and mirrors.

Unless UPS was not offering any raises, 5 year RPCD progression, who knows what other garbage was being thrown...

It changed to our favor when light bulb came on and our very own D.T. introduced 22.4's

We should be rejoicing and thanking him, maybe it is the greatest contract they bargained out. Smh.
None of this is known, thanks to the "Brown Out." The company knew what we were asking for from the get go. Their initial requests should have been out in the open from DAY 1. Who's to say the negotiation committee even put up a strong fight or if they just rolled over. We have nothing to gauge the negotiations off of. EVERYTHING should have been out the open for the members. It doesn't look like they negotiated in our best interests but rather padding their bank accounts and fat pockets.