Strike called off! Contract agreed to by June 30th!

brett636

This analyst is saying a contract will be agreed too by June 30th and says there is no chance of a strike. Who thinks this article will age well or not so well? We will know by the end of June!

Last edited:

Staydryitsraining

Company can't strike. They can't replace the workforce in enough time to avoid a catastrophic blow to the network. Same goes for them allowing a strike, it would be catastrophic to the network. To the people claiming "well in 97" news flash dinosaurs this is a different world now. Like the article says though I think they will throw big money at us, I think though not because inflation but to distract us from other things we won't like.

vvv

This analyst is saying a contract will be agreed too by June 30th and says there is no chance of a strike. Who thinks this article will age well or not so well? We will know by the end of June!

So the guy has no inside source whatsoever yet thinks he can predict what'll happen with 4 months to go......ok.

Not sure about the aging comment, but he's just tossing poop and hoping it sticks.

vvv

Company can't strike. They can't replace the workforce in enough time to avoid a catastrophic blow to the network. Same goes for them allowing a strike, it would be catastrophic to the network. To the people claiming "well in 97" news flash dinosaurs this is a different world now. Like the article says though I think they will throw big money at us, I think though not because inflation but to distract us from other things we won't like.
Raises/big money does not solve basically anything that is wrong right now, so don't get blinded by the green.
And I sure hope plenty of members are smart enough and NOT STUPID to realize this and think that some extra money will cure everything.

margaritaville

Too bad contract didn't end in 2020 or 2021 when at height of "pandemic." They would be at complete mercy. But i think we should still be in a good position since inflation and no one wants to work.

Its_a_me

Where's my retro check???

It will be available 9 months from Aug 1st and taxed at 40%. Oh, wait that was 2013.

It will be available after the union pushes through an agreement that was rejected by the members....Oh, wait that was 2018.

So this negotiation, no extension where we work under the last contract--so, it seems that only scabs that cross the picket lines will get them. Are you outing yourself as a future scab? Do I need to send Rocco & Rocco to visit your house?

worldwide

Raises/big money does not solve basically anything that is wrong right now, so don't get blinded by the green.
And I sure hope plenty of members are smart enough and NOT STUPID to realize this and think that some extra money will cure everything.

Negotiations are always a trade-off. No side ever gets everything they want.

"Most analysts, including Jindel, believe that in the current market environment, the stakes are too high and everyone has too much to lose for the Teamsters to strike. It is almost a given that the union will receive a significant wage bump since much has changed with wage inflation since the current agreement was reached in 2018. Much may hinge on how much the union is willing to bend on work-rule changes in return for higher compensation, analysts have said."

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Let's wait to see what the deal is first?

sJraYQd6LdmU.gif

Negotiations are always a trade-off. No side ever gets everything they want.

"Most analysts, including Jindel, believe that in the current market environment, the stakes are too high and everyone has too much to lose for the Teamsters to strike. It is almost a given that the union will receive a significant wage bump since much has changed with wage inflation since the current agreement was reached in 2018. Much may hinge on how much the union is willing to bend on work-rule changes in return for higher compensation, analysts have said."
The company breaks the rules as it pleases now