Stupid driver

Okay so as long as the paying customer is not at home then it is okay to just do whatever you feel like with their package. Yes, I am a supervisor and I see how packages are treated but as the face of the company, drivers should at least pretend to care about the property they are delivering.

You're right: we should pretend to care. After all, management goes to great lengths to pretend to care about our safety.

H

htown0721

It would take far more than you to hurt my feelings. No worries. Personally, if you had come out to voice your concern about how I had handled your package I would have gave you a blank, tilted dog head stare while you voiced and then offered my obligatory apology. Most of the time my apology would be disingenuous, but it gives the customer a sense of security that the situation was taken care of and will no longer be a problem.

Like I said in my second post, I never mentioned in my original post what my position was. You had to investigate to get such information. That being said, well played Inspector Clouseau.

Exactly my point like I stated in a previous post when I confronted him he did not offer an apology, my bad or anything. So thats when I got mad and called. However, I don't think the damage was from him but nonetheless it does excuse throwing a box.

H

htown0721

So instead of yelling out the window you sat there said nothing and will report it later. You sounds like management.

read the post I confronted him and he wouldn't offer a apology, if he would have given an apology even a insincere one I would have dropped it.

1080Driver

Drive just threw a package at my door as I watched from the window as a fellow Upser I understand the time constraints but he and the customer service received an earful as my new internet router was damaged and there is a nice footprint on my box.
Maybe the driver knew you're a supe........

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Come to your darn door when you clearly see ups approaching, are you GOD or what. I had a lady whine that I threw her box, it was a printer with the slippy colored box, on top of three others. and it slid off and fell maybe 10 inches off the stack and she was mortified. I said thats nothing. Had you came to the door It would have been set safely inside your door, you could have met me and took one off my stack. I am a delivery person, not your waitress.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Okay so as long as the paying customer is not at home then it is okay to just do whatever you feel like with their package. Yes, I am a supervisor and I see how packages are treated but as the face of the company, drivers should at least pretend to care about the property they are delivering.
Once again in true supervisor fashion you fail to address the problem. Your package was broke well before it arrived at your address but you chose to blame someone else for an obvious problem relating to your direct area. In short you try and pass the buck onto the driver and don't take responsibility for the source of the problem.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Exactly my point like I stated in a previous post when I confronted him he did not offer an apology, my bad or anything. So thats when I got mad and called. However, I don't think the damage was from him but nonetheless it does excuse throwing a box.

Wait, now it's ok that he threw it!??!?!??

just playing, damn typos and not proofreading.

H

htown0721

Wait, now it's ok that he threw it!??!?!??

just playing, damn typos and not proofreading.

just received a call from a representative that needed to get all the information (they took down my number earlier) and I said I do not know what your are talking about my package arrived but was damaged. Mistakes were made and learned from. However, I have filed a claim with the shipper and been on the phone with them and will be receiving a new shortly.

Cementups

Box Monkey
tumblr_m1vg8sLmEP1qfzewso1_500.gif

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Driver should have set the pkg down. We all should. I don't want to be the next clown on you tube. OP states that he sees the way pkgs are handled by inside employees. He is in charge of those inside employees. Alas, packages falling off belts or getting stepped on are collateral damage in the face of almighty production.

H

htown0721

Driver should have set the pkg down. We all should. I don't want to be the next clown on you tube. OP states that he sees the way pkgs are handled by inside employees. He is in charge of those inside employees. Alas, packages falling off belts or getting stepped on are collateral damage in the face of almighty production.

touche

HomeDelivery

OP, couldn't you just make all your future deliveries to your address "Hold at terminal" for pickup?

that way, the irate driver doesn't have to abuse your package...

or just have your address a "no DR" so they'll have to acquire a signature <shrugs>