stupid observation about ups pens..

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I have noticed that no pens have the new ups logo on them...is this just in my neck of the woods or is this everywhere? Oh, its such old school...:biting:

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
They all seem to have the package and bow tie logo...just thought there would be some new ones coming down the pike...no biggie though.

We had a batch with the new logo about a year ago. They were filled with brown ink (looked dark red to me). Customers found them to be absolutely fascinating for some reason. Now we're back to the old logo.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
How would UPS like it if we wore old uniforms with the old logo?

I still wear my old windvest with the former logo. No ones said a thing to me since the change. They don't offer those anymore and would gladly buy a new one if I had the chance. I won mine through a safety raffle.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
How would UPS like it if we wore old uniforms with the old logo?
THEY DON'T !!! I had a talking to once for wearing the old logo!!! the new logo suxs we should go back to the old one..seems like the ''old ups''cared more about the service than the ''new ups'' jmo

ups1990

In our pens, they stupily do this. They'll park a 1200, next to a 1000. The driver in the 1200 has a 900 start time, while the driver in the 1000 waits inside the truck for 20 minutes trying to get out.

A stupid observation about our pens.

W

westsideworma

THEY DON'T !!! I had a talking to once for wearing the old logo!!! the new logo suxs we should go back to the old one..seems like the ''old ups''cared more about the service than the ''new ups'' jmo

Makes sense, the old UPS had a package logo in it and now its just the shield. I don't mind either logo but it does seem kinda interesting that since the change (I wasn't here but when I started some trucks had still yet to be repainted with the new one) I was told that it solidified caring more about wall street than our customers. Maybe its true, maybe it ain't, but this comes from veterans that have worked here far longer than I so there has to be something to it.

When we started PAS/EDD for example I kept hearing drivers saying a lot of their consignees were pissed because they used to know when we were coming, they could set their watch by it etc, after it was like who knows when he/she's coming today. I understand PAS/EDD has its benefits but it often seems we don't look at the downsides of new tech pushes before we do it. We seemingly just ignore them or deem them necessary evils, not sure which. Servicing our customers should ALWAYS be our number one goal, and here we go and implement this new system that may temporarily disrupt that on time service (until changes are made, if they are) and annoys that customer or possibly cause us to lose that customer because we can't find a way to re-establish the quality of service they previously enjoyed. IF we had left it alone, maybe neither scenario would exist. Or would it? I dunno just food for thought.

BTW we too have the old logo pens...a seemingly infinite supply of them.

ups1990

I made a suggestion on an earlier thread(can't recall)that we should all gather together pens stored at our homes, junk drawers, under our car's seats, lockers.... and bring them back to our hubs. As another cost cutting measure.

After all, they do belong to UPS:wink2:

iowa boy

I have noticed that no pens have the new ups logo on them...is this just in my neck of the woods or is this everywhere? Oh, its such old school...:biting:

Have seen one bag of pens with new logo here, and they mysteriously disappeared.:surprised:

I made a suggestion on an earlier thread(can't recall)that we should all gather together pens stored at our homes, junk drawers, under our car's seats, lockers.... and bring them back to our hubs. As another cost cutting measure.

After all, they do belong to UPS:wink2:

If everyone did this, none of us would ever see the new logo pens again. And the individual responsible for ordering pens for the company would be out of a job.:happy-very:

slantnosechevy

Makes sense, the old UPS had a package logo in it and now its just the shield. I don't mind either logo but it does seem kinda interesting that since the change (I wasn't here but when I started some trucks had still yet to be repainted with the new one) I was told that it solidified caring more about wall street than our customers. Maybe its true, maybe it ain't, but this comes from veterans that have worked here far longer than I so there has to be something to it.

When we started PAS/EDD for example I kept hearing drivers saying a lot of their consignees were pissed because they used to know when we were coming, they could set their watch by it etc, after it was like who knows when he/she's coming today. I understand PAS/EDD has its benefits but it often seems we don't look at the downsides of new tech pushes before we do it. We seemingly just ignore them or deem them necessary evils, not sure which. Servicing our customers should ALWAYS be our number one goal, and here we go and implement this new system that may temporarily disrupt that on time service (until changes are made, if they are) and annoys that customer or possibly cause us to lose that customer because we can't find a way to re-establish the quality of service they previously enjoyed. IF we had left it alone, maybe neither scenario would exist. Or would it? I dunno just food for thought.

One of UPS' biggest problems is they like to talk out of both sides of their ***** when it comes to service. There's the public version and then there's the private version and that is the reality that drivers are forced to provide.

As far as customers setting their watch to deliveries...that seems to be a thing of the past except for pickups. They seem to be weening them off of the usual delivery times over time hoping that they can get away with it and they'll be happy with time in transit and leave it at that.

I remember Kelly and Alden were absolutely irate over the fact that the customers loved their driver and disliked the people running the company back in '97 during the strike. They trusted the driver and most were like family to them. My center manager told me a few months after everything settled down that they (CMs) were going to make visits to the customers in an effort to sway them into believing that mngmnt. were really the ones who cared about them. That didn't work to well he told me later. PASS/EDD dispatches are accomplishing what they wanted indirectly and they love it. They really believe they can put anyone in the seat and get the same results except when there's a problem then they want you to go out and fix it using your reputation and friendships.

badpal.

avoiding brown kool-aid
I managed to snag a couple of the new colored pens with the new logo and gel ink. I prefer the old pen better as the new ones are easy to crack and break.

Big Babooba

It's not about the package anymore:sad-little:

satellitedriver

I have not used a UPS pen in 14 yrs. My wife buys me a 5 pack of cheap pens that have pocket clips that actually work and they can write on sweat soaked delivery notices.