Stupid on call pick ups

Slick silver

I hate it when I get on call stops and I get there and it's for ground packages. I just roll my eyes and get irritated just for that fact that I have to break route and can't get my actual stops done on time. You would think fedex would fix this issue just for the fact that it worried about "service".

Sent using BrownCafe App

hypo hanna

Ge used to it. As long as fedex continues to hire outside call centers that don't know the difference between the opco's and are too stupid or lazy to ask the customer which service they need, it'll keep happening.

dezguy

I hate it when I get on call stops and I get there and it's for ground packages. I just roll my eyes and get irritated just for that fact that I have to break route and can't get my actual stops done on time. You would think fedex would fix this issue just for the fact that it worried about "service".

Sent using BrownCafe App

Better than getting a call to retrieve a Ground misdelivery. I get 3 or 4 of those a month. Best part is, then I have to deliver it to the right address.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I've gotten on-calls for Heavyweight and FedEx Freight too.

And they want productivity? What a sick joke this company has turned into.

Slick silver

I had 3 on calls Thursday that wound up being ground stops. That last and final one was a glass shop with 6 boxes that were 75 pounds each. Needless to say I wasn't afraid to say I couldn't take them.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Next time tell them you'll be back later and just pux43 them. Ground package at stop? Yes.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
How about a pick up from a 3rd floor apt. No elevator. 50 large packages. Single lady moving out of state.
And this is given to you on top of your normal 9 to 10 hour day.

dezguy

How do you POD it??

Dispatch does it somehow. Give them the tracking number, drive it over and leave it where ever I please. I'm not too concerned whether or not someone gets their Ground shipment but I always make sure it goes to the proper address. I never get a sig for it and don't really care if it is in a good neighbourhood or not. I just use comail and say it was a ground misdel.

hypo hanna

Problem is, the company keeps telling us we don't make enough to give proper raises. If express drivers are spending valuable minutes fixing ground mistakes he is hurting his numbers at the same time hurting express' bottom line. Code it and tell cust to call for a ground pu.

Slick silver

That sounded like my Thursday, had 1 late SO and one regular pick up that I was late for. It would be a easy fix as to put on the automate system to put is this a ground or express pick up. But I guess people would still be stupid and have us pick up a ground package

Sent using BrownCafe App

DontThrowPackages

Problem is, the company keeps telling us we don't make enough to give proper raises. If express drivers are spending valuable minutes fixing ground mistakes he is hurting his numbers at the same time hurting express' bottom line. Code it and tell cust to call for a ground pu.
I agree. I can't say its never happened but it didn't feel right. What if someone takes off with it? You were the last to have it in your hands. Who needs to talk to security and try to prove yourself to them. Or even more, what if it happens to you again? If someone accuses a person of a crime once, it isn't taken too seriously. If someone is accused for a second time then, the policy is, he's a crook and we need to find a way to get rid of him. It isn't out of the ordinary for dispatch to send over a driver for a Ground mis deliver and the driver simply couldn't "Find" the package and leaves so ground can do their own work.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
If I get an on call pup at a place I've never pupped before or, the details say 50 pkgs. weighing 200 lbs. I have dispatch call and verify it's an express pup.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I agree. I can't say its never happened but it didn't feel right. What if someone takes off with it? You were the last to have it in your hands. Who needs to talk to security and try to prove yourself to them. Or even more, what if it happens to you again? If someone accuses a person of a crime once, it isn't taken too seriously. If someone is accused for a second time then, the policy is, he's a crook and we need to find a way to get rid of him. It isn't out of the ordinary for dispatch to send over a driver for a Ground mis deliver and the driver simply couldn't "Find" the package and leaves so ground can do their own work.

You seem a little paranoid

Sent using BrownCafe App

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Sent using BrownCafe App

The same thing happens to Heavyweight drivers who get regularly dispatched for FedEx Freight shipments...highly efficient. Perhaps they should try and educate the outsourced customer service people in El Salvador (or where freaking ever they are now)about the different opcos. Quite revealing that when you call FedEx, your contact person has no idea what they're talking about. That is the essence of crap customer service. You get what you pay for, Fred.

Slick silver

Seems like a huge issue then that needs attention from corporate. Now that I sold my soul for a little raise an now work as a swing driver and work am shift now I also see the huge problem express has each morning I get to work. Also is everyone else out there having to be at work at 630 in the morning now instead of the 700 am start

Sent using BrownCafe App