stupid question probably

fredhater86

So I use to work for fedex. Well not really but rather a contractor. Its worse than it sounds. It even says on our badges that were not employees but vendors. So no benefits and it was a weekly salary of such a low amount im not gonna admit it. I started off before Christmas(with only 2 days training and already had me training a new guy on my 3rd day) and they kept me after. Drove a little box van around with an average of 80 - 100 stops a day. Which on my route meant at least 10 hrs bc of the distance between each stop. Anyway my question is... how do you apply for a ups job. I know you go to theyre site but can you only apply for jobs that are open? I dont even mind starting off as package handler. But everytime I check theres nothing in my area. I know its a highly desired job once you get a driving position but damn. Ive been checking forever. Anyways im new here and just wanted you guys to know that the drivers at fedex know how lucky you guys are. Hell most of us, myself included have cdls and still cant make half of what yall make. Its a wish I knew then what I know now situation.

J

jibbs

Yeah, there's gotta be an opening listed for you to be able to apply. Once you find an opening, you click on it's link, apply on the next page and it'll walk you through the process.

fredhater86

Yeah, there's gotta be an opening listed for you to be able to apply. Once you find an opening, you click on it's link, apply on the next page and it'll walk you through the process.

Well thats what I was asking. Theres positions open but only for freight drivers. I have a class a but no tractor trailer exp. And what I really want is a delivery job n yea I know ya gotta work in the terminal first but I havent seen any openings in my area. Anyone know of a time when theyre most likely hiring package handlers? thanks for everyones replie

My building are hiring a lot of drivers right now. Suppose to hire 6 inside to 1 outside but can not find enough qualified PT employees. One new guy was not doing well on a training route so the boss moved him to another vacant route. Never heard of that before.

twoeddies1

North Atlantic region is hiring off the street drivers in almost every hub. Your best bet is to check constantly on UPS CAREERS I was talking to some from HR the other day and she told me she only keeps the posting up for a few hours. If she didnt she said there would he a line around the block.

J

jibbs

Anyone know of a time when theyre most likely hiring package handlers? thanks for everyones replie

They're usually always hiring preloaders (a package handling shift) throughout the year. It's a guarantee that there'll be a hiring spree as we get closer to Christmas season, but employees hired after a certain point will be considered seasonal (I want to take a shot in the dark and say October is when they start hiring seasonals, but I really can't say for sure at the moment. It might be earlier, might be later, will definitely depend on the location.)

TheKid99

Fredhater I worked for FedEx Express as a courier making $17/hr with benefits and just landed the package handler job I quit FedEx so fast lol always wanted to work for brown.

I was with FedEx for only three months lol