Stupid Supervisor Awards..

numberonedriver

Had a preload sup forget to unload a trailer Friday. Routes were getting cut because volume was lower than forcasted and people were sent home lol. Nobody new anything until customers started calling in complaints about pkgs not being delivered. The center manager found the trailer full of pkgs at 4pm. I got in at 530 and the look on managements face was like they had craped their pants. They sent drivers back our with res stops I did 10 and drove 50 miles took me 2 hours. In 9 years at ups I have never seen this happen I don't know how you could forget a trailer. All I know is someone is going to be in deep doo doo.

over9five

Staff member
Had a preload sup forget to unload a trailer Friday. Routes were getting cut because volume was lower than forcasted and people were sent home lol. Nobody new anything until customers started calling in complaints about pkgs not being delivered. The center manager found the trailer full of pkgs at 4pm. I got in at 530 and the look on managements face was like they had craped their pants. They sent drivers back our with res stops I did 10 and drove 50 miles took me 2 hours. In 9 years at ups I have never seen this happen I don't know how you could forget a trailer. All I know is someone is going to be in deep doo doo.
It's happened here before. Someone is responsible for checking all the trailers.
Someone gets fired.

iruhnman630

Before I was hired, a desperate sup with a gambling habit killed the power to the building and robbed the armoured car picking up the cod cash bags.

I also once heard a rumor of a saturday sup who sent one of his drivers out for a B double E double R U N beer run.

hyena

We had a full time sup that was signing off on doing safety rides that he wasnt doing. The next day center manager asked the driver," how did your safety ride go." The driver responded," what safety ride?" The fs was fired. haha

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The only time I ever heard of a DIAD board being totally lost was by one of our sups while out delivering (when he wasn't suppose to be). Apparently he left it on his rear bumper and drove off.

I also had a couple of instances where management told me "they were going to have my job". It ended up that I'm sure they wished they did as they were either let go or demoted for juggling numbers.
I left my diad on the rear bumper once. Thank god I didn't lose it. It was still sitting there when I got to my next stop. :surprised:

article22

Banned
The best one at my building has to be the loss prevention guy and a few sups were stealing omaha steaks!!!! This was way before we had a basic or shipper release... Every friday they would take the send agains and eat like a king!! Filet and lobster for all!! Bahhhahahahaaha they got caught and rumor has it they had to pay back alot of $$$ and were all punished!! Preload assignment!!! Bahaahahaha its bad when even lp is stealing!!

TxRoadDawg

Heard about one in Atlanta got canned for shipping some of his mother's packages on the sly. dam shame make over 1200 a week and lose it for 50 or 60 bucks of shipping...

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

I'm sure it will blow over. As long as they got the preload off the clock in time and cut out enough routes to hit SPC, a few missed stops and pissed off customers are no big deal.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We recently had a FT sup get fired for helping himself to the Oxycontin and Vicodin that is in those NDA signature required packages from the VA.

Nazzrath

Our previous center manager got canned for adjusting driver's hours and hiring family members who never showed up for work yet got paid anyways. Now he has a job at Costco.

The center manager before that got demoted for some reason or another, and went on as a pre-load sup in a nearby hub. One day a fully loaded trailer slipped his mind and never made it onto the trucks. I was one of the driver's who got a 'special assignment' of heading over to that hub and shuttling out pkgs. Now he's back in our hub again as a day sort sup.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
So what I've heard is true. UPS will never fire a supervisor for doing a bad job or gross incompetence. But only for putting the company in a position where they would face legal liability.
Our previous center manager got canned for adjusting driver's hours and hiring family members who never showed up for work yet got paid anyways. Now he has a job at Costco.

The center manager before that got demoted for some reason or another, and went on as a pre-load sup in a nearby hub. One day a fully loaded trailer slipped his mind and never made it onto the trucks. I was one of the driver's who got a 'special assignment' of heading over to that hub and shuttling out pkgs. Now he's back in our hub again as a day sort sup.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Heard about one in Atlanta got canned for shipping some of his mother's packages on the sly. dam shame make over 1200 a week and lose it for 50 or 60 bucks of shipping...
We had a morning OMS that was given the opportunity to quit for doing the exact same thing. She sent it out NDA. The funny thing was that where she shipped it was an hours drive away.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We lost a District Manager a few years back to an inter office affair. He was the same fool who introduced us to PAS. "Stops get moved up and down the loop to get everyone between an 8 and 9.5 dispatch. It's that simple".

TxRoadDawg

another stupid one I heard about in north florida was a reload pt sup. called some major bulk shipper and told them they were shipping too much, he couldnt get his sort down in time because of them. Course for every one fired there's probably ten that get passed along to some other position playing pass the buck... with a 1.5 qpr rating LOL