Suggestions needed!!! please help

hello all who may read this. So here's my situation. I was hired as a sorter at the beginning of December as a seasonal employee. I worked hard and I am still currently working due to the fact that I was offered to stay because I guess they forgot that I go back to school on janurary 22nd. What I need help from you guys is suggestions. How should I go about leaving the company. I love it but I need to focus more on school. Yeah the money's great but I need an education right now. If I put my two weeks in on this coming Monday will they fire me since I'm still not apart of the union. Or will they allow me to work until I go back to school. Hopefully someone can help me out. Thanks!

If I want to work this coming week and we get paid weekly, would I be allowed to go pick up my check whenever I want or do they hold that from you since you quit? Sorry if my questions are dumb. Like I said, I have never had to quit a job before.

browner89

Unless you were already rehired as permanent your tenure with the company ends January 15th whether you want it to or not. You don't have 2 weeks left to give 2 weeks notice, you have 7 days at most.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Good suggestion but money isn't an issue. My parents are paying oUT of pocket since it's community college
Lucky
Should I just tell him face to face... I've never had to put in my two weeks at a job before
Tell your boss what day you are going back to school and leave it to them to decide.
If I want to work this coming week and we get paid weekly, would I be allowed to go pick up my check whenever I want or do they hold that from you since you quit? Sorry if my questions are dumb. Like I said, I have never had to quit a job before.
Yes, you will be able to get your check.
I want to focus completly on school

Dave Ramsey has always said "College students who work over 20 hours a week have a higher GPA than students who don't work"
Time management is a skill set that is important in real life. Time to man up, this ain't high school anymore.
When you want a burrito at Taco Bell, does your Mom buy that for you too ????

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Lucky

Tell your boss what day you are going back to school and leave it to them to decide.

Yes, you will be able to get your check.

Dave Ramsey has always said "College students who work over 20 hours a week have a higher GPA than students who don't work"
Time management is a skill set that is important in real life. Time to man up, this ain't high school anymore.
When you want a burrito at Taco Bell, does your Mom buy that for you too ????
Another home run from Heffernam.

MeltedSnowman

If you tell you Sup that you are leaving in two weeks there a strong possibility that he may double your pay right on the spot....or show you the door. Life can be a roll of the dice like that.

nystripe96

A degree doesn't guarantee you a job. It seems like they're willing to keep you. Make book & have something to fall back on if school doesn't work out. Once you quit UPS you're not coming back

PT Car Washer

A degree doesn't guarantee you a job. It seems like they're willing to keep you. Make book & have something to fall back on if school doesn't work out. Once you quit UPS you're not coming back
I have seen people come back several times. One was a driver who quit and a couple months later came back to his same PT job before driving.