Summer is almost here, got your sweat rag?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just curious as to what folks have planned after work during the summer months. I know as the days leading up to summer get hotter and hotter, we stay out later and later. Do you folks do anything besides eat dinner at 9pm, pat the kids on the head, watch a condensed show or two, and call it a night? That's pretty much all that most of the guys around here with wives and kids do. Throw in some online video games and forum surfing, and I think I covered the single guys also.

So, what do you do after a long hard day of cardboard massaging?

TheKid

That is why I bid the area where I live. I go home for lunch and hang out with the kids in the pool for an hour. Get home as soon as I can, weed my garden, jump in the pool again, listen to the Sox game . . . Oh . . .and take 4 of my weeks vacation in the summer. 1 week in Maine and the rest hanging with my family. 9 yrs. 358 days left.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'd take more of my vacations in summer but I do a lot of fishing during the spring months here in Ga. It got up to 87 today and I can already feel my body switching over to consuming more water and gatorade. Summer months can making fishing downright unenjoyable, unless we are doing bomber runs for stripers on the lake, or running jug lines.

But alas, Mon-Fri my soul stays medium rare to the color of brown.

rod

Retired 22 years
Still waiting for the snow to finish melting around here. This has been the winter that won't quit.

klein

Für Meno :)
Still waiting for the snow to finish melting around here. This has been the winter that won't quit.

Same here, still some whiteness out there, but not for much longer ! :)

And, I have NEVER taken a summer vacation, not even being unemployed.
Why go in the busy season, and everything is at it's highest price... and deal with all the children, too.
Not my type of vacation.
Besides, too nice , just being here, in the summer.

Nimnim

The Nim
[video=youtube;xs3V_20oD4A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs3V_20oD4A[/video]

Hmm, the post doesn't have much to do with the subject, but a towel is still useful.

upsman68

Same here, still some whiteness out there, but not for much longer ! :)

And, I have NEVER taken a summer vacation, not even being unemployed.
Why go in the busy season, and everything is at it's highest price... and deal with all the children, too.
Not my type of vacation.
Besides, too nice , just being here, in the summer.

Well if you have kids that are in school you have to go on family vacation during the summer.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Just curious as to what folks have planned after work during the summer months. I know as the days leading up to summer get hotter and hotter, we stay out later and later. Do you folks do anything besides eat dinner at 9pm, pat the kids on the head, watch a condensed show or two, and call it a night? That's pretty much all that most of the guys around here with wives and kids do. Throw in some online video games and forum surfing, and I think I covered the single guys also.

So, what do you do after a long hard day of cardboard massaging?
Shower, No TV, a little internet, maybe read a bit. Then practice the drums, for hours and hours...until my hands hurt and I'm covered in sweat and my mind is annoyed from focusing on one thing for hours.

When the wife gets home, time to go to sleep. ;)

Rinse/repeat

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'm retired so I watch the UPS guy sweat while delivering on my street!

That's when you order your Bowflex home gym. When the driver comes to your door, make sure you're in your bath robe, a glass of iced tea and the AC is turned down to 62 when you open the door. When he cones up with one if the pieces, pop open the garage and point to where you want them, 2 inches away from your Farari. Once he places it on the ground, you then come out to the garage, say thanks, and wave him off while reaching in the garage freezer for a popsicle.

About 29 days later contact Bowflex and let them you're done with your in home trial. Make sure they issue call tags that state the packages only weigh 5 lbs and that there's only 2 when there's actually 3. Leave the packages after the second delivery attempt, taped up with scotch tape.

All of this you do after you let the regular driver know to take an option day.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I usually take 4 of my 7 weeks vacation during the summer. This July we are going to Alaska so that will be a nice break from the 90's with 100% humidity we have here in Atlanta in July.
When i get home it's pretty scheduled: shower, eat, spend half-three quarters of an hour on my German Lessons( we are going to Germany next year and i want to be able to converse) .I then get the guitar and go over the tunes my band will be playing in the club the coming weekend and tighten any harmony parts i may be weak on for an hour or so. i watch Tv with the missus and the dogs until midnite then go to bed and start the day all over