Sunday December 24th

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by MECH-lift, Nov 19, 2017.

1. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Get ready union brothers! Mandatory forced Christmas Eve Sunday , Sunday deliveries are here!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

You get a job at USPS?

3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Single digit midget!

This will depend upon how much of an impact the weather has on the rest of Peak.

4. Rack em

Rack em Well-Known Member

They can try and force all they want but a lot of people, myself included, will not be working Sunday! There is nothing Ups can do to force us into working Sunday this year.

5. UpstateNYUPSer

They can certainly make it financially worth my while. :)

6. Rack em

Sure they can offer to allow us to work, but they cannot force us. This is the first year since working with Ups that I've been able to plan an actual Christmas so no matter what, I will be taking Sunday and Monday off :)

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

I can already hear it “ we are heavier than planned , please sign up for Christmas Eve, please”

8. Rack em

"These people should have planned ahead and not done last minute Christmas shopping via amazon. See you Tuesday"

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. UpstateNYUPSer

“Where do I sign?”

BTW, that would be the first day of your 2018 wages.

10. burrheadd

burrheadd Esquire

Thought money wasn’t everything

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 3
    • Funny x 3
    • Beer x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  11. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Wouldn’t you rather be at home sipping hot cocoa with your wonderful grandchildren? ...these old time guys are so money hungry. I’d prefer to take the day off , unpaid. Heck , I’d pay them to let me stay home.

12. sailfish

sailfish Well-Known Member

Exactly. At what point do all the companies (USPS included) need to just tell all the entitled brat consumers to f* off?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

It’s not but I would be stupid to pass up easy money.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

I will be doing that on the 25th.

15. UpstateNYUPSer

When surge pricing makes it economically unfeasible.

16. sailfish

sailfish Well-Known Member

Online shopping didn't even exist when I was very young, and wasn't even a viable option for years to come. Yet somehow I was never disappointed Christmas morning. Now you just gotta click and watch it come to you door and people still manage to f* it up.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

When UPS was in the hot seat a few peaks ago for “ ruining everyone’s Christmas” I remember a news story where they interviewed a lady crying because the UPS man never came to her house , lol.

18. Big Package

Big Package The Smuggle is Real

I'm safely going to assume I'm working Saturday and Sunday. I don't mind a 6th or 7th punch. My wife is working and we got nobody and all my friends are from work. I'd rather spend time with my brothers and sisters than alone. Even if I do gotta work.

19. MECH-lift

MECH-lift Union Brother

Can you demand your 8hrs on these days? They always find a way to just squeeze a few hrs outta you then try to get you to run home.

20. Rack em

I remember last year on Christmas Eve only people with hours available were working Saturday. We were only supposed to be delivering in town only, but of course when I show up I see I have 7 stops all out of town in an area I don't even know! I was already mad about working, then I saw the packages in my truck and they were ALL amazon boxes!

After saying some choice words to my supervisor I got in my truck and left. It was snowing like a mother out of town and my second stop in I got stuck in someone's driveway because our PC's are pieces of crap. After 20 minutes of shoveling and rocking the PC I finally got out. Third to last stop I was driving up these people's icy driveway and their dogs coming running at the PC so I had to stop losing all momentum and ending up sliding down their driveway sideways because I lost all control of the front end of the PC. Luckily I didn't get stuck, so I turned around, threw their 3 stupid amazon boxes in the ditch, ECD'd my remaining stops, and drove back.

No way in hell I am doing that again this year because people order shyt last minute!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List