Sunday Ground?

UPSerSheik

Victim of mediocrity
Greetings. Has anybody heard anything in regards to making Sunday a regular delivery day? I talked with someone in management earlier this week and they said there's a chance that we'll start Sunday deliveries next year, but nothing is confirmed yet, there's no plan. But I've been asking around and nobody else in management or in the union has heard anything about it. I think that with negotiations coming up this would be a big deal and somebody would have heard something by now.

I'm asking because I got about 10 years PT seniority and I want to go driving. But Sunday is an important day for me with family & such. So right now I'm still weighing my options about what's best. I don't doubt it will happen eventually, but do you think so soon by next year? Has anybody in any of your centers said anything similar or do you guys have any info?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Our center hasn't even gotten Saturday ground yet although I've heard from the feeders that the larger centers are considering it. Judging by how swimmingly Saturday ground is going, I wouldn't worry about Sundays for right now.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Greetings. Has anybody heard anything in regards to making Sunday a regular delivery day? I talked with someone in management earlier this week and they said there's a chance that we'll start Sunday deliveries next year, but nothing is confirmed yet, there's no plan. But I've been asking around and nobody else in management or in the union has heard anything about it. I think that with negotiations coming up this would be a big deal and somebody would have heard something by now.

I'm asking because I got about 10 years PT seniority and I want to go driving. But Sunday is an important day for me with family & such. So right now I'm still weighing my options about what's best. I don't doubt it will happen eventually, but do you think so soon by next year? Has anybody in any of your centers said anything similar or do you guys have any info?

Never heard anything about Sunday ground. How credible is your source that UPS is going to do this "Sunday ground "?

Box Ox

1tl1ve.jpg

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They are going to have to finish rolling out Saturday ground. But we all got the talk this week of more changes coming down the pipeline. This could include sunday.
They specifically mentioned possibly adding a Saturday ground sort.

UPSerSheik

Victim of mediocrity
Never heard anything about Sunday ground. How credible is your source that UPS is going to do this "Sunday ground "?

Who knows. Anytime I ask people in management anything I get a different answer from each one. Everyone else in management seemed pretty dumbfounded when I asked them. It just worries me though with this new contract coming up and all the stuff we already had to give up. Because everyone's logic lately, including our local here, is if Amazon/FedEx/USPS etc. is already doing something, in this case Sunday, then why shouldn't UPS? If i'm not mistaken this was the line of thinking that also led to Saturday Ground.

E

el blanco

you never thought you would deliver on Saturday

premium service on Sunday is the next logical step