Sunday Service

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
I have a post office on my route and one of their sups said they're making no money off that amazon deal, but it is the United States Postal Service where profit goes to die!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Cementups

Box Monkey
My SIL received something last Sunday and I was just dumbfounded that this is happening. Just amazing how the all mighty dollar is going to ruin us all.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I delivered on Sunday during this last peak.
Same here. I volunteered and worked 8 hours. It was the first Sunday our center had ever delivered. You should have seen the looks people gave me seeing a UPS truck on a Sunday. The other odd thing was the weather. I was wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt in New England a few days before Christmas. Final piece of weirdness was no EDD. I had no manifest of any kind so no clue what was in my truck like when drivers were on paper.
Weird weird day.

rod

Retired 22 years
Same here. I volunteered and worked 8 hours. It was the first Sunday our center had ever delivered. You should have seen the looks people gave me seeing a UPS truck on a Sunday. The other odd thing was the weather. I was wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt in New England a few days before Christmas. Final piece of weirdness was no EDD. I had no manifest of any kind so no clue what was in my truck like when drivers were on paper.
Weird weird day.

In the early days we knew what was in the truck because we loaded it-----pre load wasn't invented yet.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Lower seniority will work Wednesday through Sunday.
If we ever started delivering ground on the weekend we'd need more sorts which is unnecessarily expensive. Also, I think they'd have a rough time finding part timers who would want to work on the weekend.

ArcherUTR

I think it would be a pretty badass gig if we only worked 4 days and delivered ground on Saturdays.

We could bid on M-Th or Tu-Sa. Work 12 hour days and have three days off.

:censored2: Sundays.

JL 0513

I had heard they (USPS) were going to run Sundays in certain high population markets (NYC, ect) but what's confusing about this is that the post master general has been trying to eliminate Saturday delivery in order to stop bleeding cash. Why would you start Sundays while at the same time fighting to stop Saturday service? Especially since Sunday service is another money losing proposition.