Sunday Sort

AndUPSER

My building is having a Sunday sort on the 30th. Any other buildings doing this? I know our volume has been up like crazy lately and we never work on Sunday outside of peak.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Ya I was close to 30 hours this week too. Out of curiosity I checked last year's paycheck on Upsers.com.... it was 28 hours. Peak season year round every year, what can you do. Have a beer is my plan.

AndUPSER

Ya I was close to 30 hours this week too. Out of curiosity I checked last year's paycheck on Upsers.com.... it was 28 hours. Peak season year round every year, what can you do. Have a beer is my plan.

I hope that the Sunday sorts continue then it would really be peak year around.

browner89

I wouldn't mind a Sunday sort once a month or so, nice little paycheck, we get double time for all Sunday hours here (Obviously referring to when Sunday is an extra day, not preload starting Sunday Night).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wouldn't mind a Sunday sort once a month or so, nice little paycheck, we get double time for all Sunday hours here (Obviously referring to when Sunday is an extra day, not preload starting Sunday Night).

Those working the Sunday sort are normally on an alternate work schedule and are paid straight time when working on Sunday.

browner89

Those working the Sunday sort are normally on an alternate work schedule and are paid straight time when working on Sunday.

And that isn't how it is here, thanks for the input though.

My center never has any regular activities during "normal" Sunday hours, any sort added is in addition to the normal Monday-Friday sort, and is forced to the twilight/reload shift personnel. Sunday is always double time, HERE, which is what I was referring to.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Awright thanks for your input dude. Define "many"

But I think there are only 2 in the whole country both in nj.

why would a UPS have a Sunday sort in the first place?
Again, you are misinformed...just to let you know. There are quite a few Sunday sorts. I'm sure there are topics on here if you did a search using the search feature. :P

PT Car Washer

We also have a Sunday Day sort. I thought all Hubs worked Sunday thru Thursday. Changed it many years ago when Midnight changed to Sunday night instead of Friday night.