sunscreen..love it, hate it ..what brand??

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Last time I asked anyone for permission was when I asked my father-in-law if I could marry his daughter. I'm fairly certain that I am not going to ask anyone for permission as to where I choose to shop.
hmmm for those of us that care,,, we dont shop at crap-mart ..........then again there is alot of short-sighted, un American ..anti-union ,,,,,,,,, who cares about our childrens future types......... that do... so there you go

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

hmmm for those of us that care,,, we dont shop at crap-mart

Right--and you also think that the driver who modified his pkg car without permission causing a major fire and loss of 2, maybe 3, pkg cars, not to mention 2 hours of down time and the added expense of having to call drivers in early to help get the preload wrapped in time, should get his job back as it was an honest error and he is a nice guy.

In my city we have WalMart and Target for basic consumer needs. I normally choose Target but do go to WalMart if need be.

Maybe you should start a poll to see what the others think?

fethrs

hmmm for those of us that care,,, we dont shop at crap-mart ..........then again there is alot of short-sighted, un American ..anti-union ,,,,,,,,, who cares about our childrens future types......... that do... so there you go

I care. But where I shop is my choice, be it crap mart, wal mart, wally world or target or wherever.. If I shop at crap mart is it going to really, really affect you kids future? If it does I am truly sorry.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
i understand loyalty to your family but be loyal to the teamsters also i have serious doubts that the leaders of your local would approve of shopping at wal-mart.
I agree with upstate. A separate thread should be started and this sunscreen thread should be left to run its course.

I will gladly chime in on the Should I shop at Walmart? If not, what do you recommend? (thread) And please don't bash us for where we shop, as some of us have no union choices.

some1else

Banned
i boat/kayak often (when the sun hits you from above; and reflects off the water x2 :) ) and i use the spray on. its easier to get fully covered, not as greasy, and you dont have to cover you hands with it. you do need to smooth it out though to get it even.

ive never used it driving though... just dont spend much of the day standing around i guess?

fethrs

I agree with upstate. A separate thread should be started and this sunscreen thread should be left to run its course.

I will gladly chime in on the Should I shop at Walmart? If not, what do you recommend? (thread) And please don't bash us for where we shop, as some of us have no union choices.

You know there will be bashing even if we all ask nicely. There are some out there that bash for no good reason..but if you do make a poll I will chime in too. And yes, I care.

Sunsreen. Almost forgot, I use Hawaiin Tropic Ozone (or something like that) SPF 70 and that stuff works, it leaves a kind of funky tint on your skin if you use too much but it does work.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
i boat/kayak often (when the sun hits you from above; and reflects off the water x2 :) ) and i use the spray on. its easier to get fully covered, not as greasy, and you dont have to cover you hands with it. you do need to smooth it out though to get it even.

ive never used it driving though... just dont spend much of the day standing around i guess?
BEWARE: Do not use this spray near the white surface of boats. Some of these sprays will turn the pretty white, a pinkish/orange.

AlwaysChafed

I'm bumping this thread instead of starting a new one.

Stay away from Coppertone Sport. Two days ago I put it on at about 1200 and from 1530 to 1900 my eyes were on fire. I'm surprised I didn't have to have someone come meet me it was so bad. Make sure that if you need to use it, apply it at the circumference of your eye socket, and no where near the eyelids.

I spoke with my neighborhood landscaper and when I asked him about it he laughed and said, "Coppertone and Banana Boat are the worst."

I'm going to read the rest of the thread.

J

jibbs

Man, I get at least 2 nasty sunburns every year. It's the only way for me to tan.

Winter Pale ---> Scorching Summer Sunburn ---> slight tan and tons of freckles 2-3 weeks later

It's a painful cycle.

klein

Für Meno :)
Today on talk-radio they had it about sunscrrens today and they put them in a test.

Results :
Target & Walmart Brands were the best (SPF 50) !

J

jibbs

dangerous too

It's not on purpose! The only way around sunburns for me is to wear winter clothing or avoid daylight during the summer months. SPF30? 45? They don't seem to work and I tend to use WAY more than a "1/2 shot glass" worth of the stuff.

I'm French Canadian/Irish/Algonquin Native American and I definitely look more the French Canadian/Irish part. My brother's the lucky one, though, he can go nearly anywhere in Central America and look like a local. He had me convinced one of us were adopted growing up. Appearance-wise it's like Yin and Yang, man... I don't think that guy's had a single sunburn his entire life.