Sup changed me from permanent to seasonal

UghUghUgh

was hired on as a permenant part time employee before October, I was involved in a car accident and couldn’t work for a week, the following week i was in a rough spot and homeless living with my dog in my car and my sup told me he understood but that this could be my last chance. I haven’t missed work and have been super careful about doing anything wrong since. I talked to him and he then told me he changed me from permanent part time to seasonal. Can a sup do this??

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Not if you earned seniority.
*broken record speech*
Go to your local contract language (easiest option is to download ups rising) or talk to a steward on a workday.
Look for a "probationary period" and see if you passed it now or very soon. Once you make this period, they cannot fire you for anything other than an ordered layoff or a major infraction.

Box Ox

was hired on as a permenant part time employee before October, I was involved in a car accident and couldn’t work for a week, the following week i was in a rough spot and homeless living with my dog in my car and my sup told me he understood but that this could be my last chance. I haven’t missed work and have been super careful about doing anything wrong since. I talked to him and he then told me he changed me from permanent part time to seasonal. Can a sup do this??

Where I am, you can't make seniority during the holiday period. So it sounds like if you didn't get your 6-ish weeks of work in before you car accident, that might be the mechanism that's in play. I don't think management can or should say you did if you didn't.

You should honestly probably be glad that you're still around even as a seasonal. The Company hasn't kicked you out totally and you haven't been given a no-rehire status. Seasonal status just means you're not permanent. Not that you don't have a future with the Company as a permanent employee. Silver linings, right?

Talk to your Shop steward

Box Ox

Sneak into the office after hours

6gdlao.jpg