Super Duper Christians

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Former Vice President Joseph Biden was denied Holy Communion at a parish in South Carolina last week due to his public support for abortion. This is apparently the policy of the bishop in South Carolina. The incident offers an opportunity to clarify what is required for a person to receive Holy Communion at a Catholic Mass.

fishtm2001

Former Vice President Joseph Biden was denied Holy Communion at a parish in South Carolina last week due to his public support for abortion. This is apparently the policy of the bishop in South Carolina. The incident offers an opportunity to clarify what is required for a person to receive Holy Communion at a Catholic Mass.
Is the bishop also a Klan member? Does he date Lindsey Graham?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

At issue is a document that will be prepared for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops by its Committee on Doctrine, with the aim of clarifying the church’s stance on an issue that has repeatedly vexed the bishops in recent decades. It’s taken on new urgency now, in the eyes of many bishops, because Biden — only the second Catholic president — is the first to hold that office while espousing clear-cut support for abortion rights.

Such a stance, by a public figure, is “a grave moral evil,” according to Archbishop Joseph Naumann of Kansas City, Kansas, who chairs the USCCB’s Committee on Pro-Life Activities and believes it’s necessary to publicly rebuke Biden on the issue.

Box Ox

Uhhh.....the bishop is just Catholic. No need to be homophobic.

This must be awkward for Democrats who are used to Catholics who don't stand up for their beliefs when Joe Biden wants to eat a holy cracker with them.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Uhhh.....the bishop is just Catholic. No need to be homophobic.

This must be awkward for Democrats who are used to Catholics who don't stand up for their beliefs when Joe Biden wants to eat a holy cracker with them.
Cracker?
You racist, Honky!
Not a cracker on earth holy. What it represents is.

Last edited:

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
What an ignorant answer. The Bishop was adhering to Catholic doctrine that we learned from a young age and Biden growing up as an Irish Catholic knows that you shouldn't receive the Holy Eucharist if you are not in the state of grace. He campaigned on the premise of being a Catholic of faith. I am sure the Baltimore Catechism was taught to him early in his life. Supporting the acts of abortion goes against Catholic faith at its core, "Thou shall not Kill" number 6 of the 10. Just because he doesn't preform the procedure he is as guilty as if he handled the forceps himself and responsible for a mortal sin.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE

At issue is a document that will be prepared for the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops by its Committee on Doctrine, with the aim of clarifying the church’s stance on an issue that has repeatedly vexed the bishops in recent decades. It’s taken on new urgency now, in the eyes of many bishops, because Biden — only the second Catholic president — is the first to hold that office while espousing clear-cut support for abortion rights.

Such a stance, by a public figure, is “a grave moral evil,” according to Archbishop Joseph Naumann of Kansas City, Kansas, who chairs the USCCB’s Committee on Pro-Life Activities and believes it’s necessary to publicly rebuke Biden on the issue.
I love pro life people.
Pro life = don’t ever complain about welfare

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I love pro life people.
Pro life = don’t ever complain about welfare
Hurr durr gee you got me there.
SMH
Screenshot_20210601-120222_Chrome.jpg

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
What an ignorant answer. The Bishop was adhering to Catholic doctrine that we learned from a young age and Biden growing up as an Irish Catholic knows that you shouldn't receive the Holy Eucharist if you are not in the state of grace. He campaigned on the premise of being a Catholic of faith. I am sure the Baltimore Catechism was taught to him early in his life. Supporting the acts of abortion goes against Catholic faith at its core, "Thou shall not Kill" number 6 of the 10. Just because he doesn't preform the procedure he is as guilty as if he handled the forceps himself and responsible for a mortal sin.
Catholic church is :censored2:ed up. It's also probably doctrine that you should not sexually abuse young boys, rape nuns or practice incest but the church has no problem sweeping that under the rug.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Catholic church is *ed up. It's also probably doctrine that you should not sexually abuse young boys, rape nuns or practice incest but the church has no problem sweeping that under the rug.
No argument there and in my opinion is that the people who covered it up committed the greater sin ! But you misdirect "Thou shall not kill " that is abortion. And the Person at the root founding of the church said "Love me and love one another". If you practice that you would not abuse, lie to or kill any of your fellow human beings that includes the unborn. Easy said than done.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
No argument there and in my opinion is that the people who covered it up committed the greater sin ! But you misdirect "Thou shall not kill " that is abortion. And the Person at the root founding of the church said "Love me and love one another". If you practice that you would not abuse, lie to or kill any of your fellow human beings that includes the unborn. Easy said than done.
"Thou shall not kill?" Catholics and other religions had no problem murdering and burning supposed Witches in the hundreds of thousands. Guessing it's OK for Catholics to kill but nobody else? Hypocrites.