Superheroes

jaker

trolling
Well I guess I am a super upser , I start at 9 loading my truck do my first stop at 10 off at 4 with 130 stops a day and I love it that way , spend more time with the family feel like I got a life outside of this company

Well I guess I am a super upser , I start at 9 loading my truck do my first stop at 10 off at 4 with 130 stops a day and I love it that way , spend more time with the family feel like I got a life outside of this company

Thats 26 stops an hour if you're taking your lunch...keep running,an accident or injury isn't improbable. Then let's see how much your SPOHR means. They're patting you on the back right now,they'll be trying to kick you out the door when you screw up. Your choice.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
It is what it is really. Its a buisness, and its all about the bottom line here.

Workers should know the two laws, as work is dished out. Rule one, burn me with amounts, stops and ill be sure to go a slow safe pace. Rule two, give me something to work with and ill be your shepard for a day.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We had a huge hooooha at work on Friday. 2 drivers out on vacation, and 3 sick calls on Friday. I was LMFAO, one of our R&G's was pissed because he was getting splits and he was going to have to work late. Another one was ready to quick for the same reason. They were both bitching at the PCM about how some drivers need to start carrying their weight. It's funny in that the same R&G that was bitching is the same one that calls in sick constantly on Fri or Mon and is the same one that is done everyday at 4pm. It's ok for everyone else to get screwed, but when he is the getting screwed he is the one that is screaming the loudest. He is also the same one that doesn't file 9.5's but the only way I get my 9.5's is too file. **** him.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
ive found alot of people are just lazy, they want to be on the 9/5 list and stay out till 9/5, its all about doing as little work as possible. i m not on the list, i could care less ---give me 200 stops than set up meets for me to bail out the 9/5 slugs, im making so much freaking money now oh,, btw,, im a runner with 28 yrs in..........keep telling me what "might" happen

Packmule

I used to be a superhero in my earlier years, and I have the accident record to prove it. Fortunately, that was in the days when all UPS cared about was productivity, and accidents got treated with a slap on the hand. Today, I'm still beating the clock, but not nearly as much so. Point is there is a middle ground here and I take pride in being able to carry my weight. I also like to get home to my family, dinner, etc. That is why I think all drivers should have a God given right to take, or skip, part or all of their lunch if they so wish. Babysitting the company's truck when I could be home with my family, dodging another snowstorm, etc, works for me. I just don't endanger myself and everyone around me trying to prove something. It won't be appriciated when something happens, and trust me, eventually it will.

Cementups

Box Monkey
The pace is what the pace is!!

We have a driver that gets his 40 hours a week and that's it. Every day he is off the clock before 4:30 and home eating dinner by 5:00. I won't lie when I tell you, I wish it was me. My family time is way more important than the $8k raise I got last year from being forced to bid a new route after 7 years.

ymelord

If we all just follow the methods, record breaks correctly, don't get extra miles, we don't have to worry what superheroes do. I worry about things I can control.

Paycheck

I have been a runner since i became a driver. I worked parttime longer than anyone I know, so getting to chance to make enough money to live on has driven me. I follow the methods, I provide service to my customers. Probably the biggest thing I do is learn the route I run. I invest the time in knowing the most effective way to run the route. At the end of the day I have no regrets, I have earned what the company has paid me. I do get upset when I have to take work from the routes beside me. The thing that makes me the most upset is getting work from another route "because they will not get finished" nfind out the driver i took work from beat me in. There is too much greed in some people! The guys that wanted 60 hours a week are a thing of the past. The next generation of new drivers could care less about over time. There are 2 choices to not being out late, invest the time, use your head and get the job done or waste you time with a 9.5 grievence.

ymelord

You can crush routes and still follow all the methods and not take short cuts. It's a personal choice.
silentchief.bandcamp.com

I'm only saying, that you can't get fired for doing your job. Let the coverage driver do what ever he wants, I'm running my route by the methods and could give a *hit how it looks on paper.

FOLLOWS THE METHODS

Dont get me wrong,we've all been there! But if you've been a full time driver with more than 3 or 4 years and insist on burning up routes because you need to get home to play Xbox or watch Friends reruns you need to wake the **** up.
We all have a day here and there where we need to bust our butts to get done for personal reasons so this isn't meant for you,it's you SUPERHEROES who do it on a daily basis.

WE HAVE THOSE ... ONE OF THEM EVEN HAD THE WAYBO'S TO ASK ME TO TAKE A DAY OFF SO HE COULD WORK. WELL DUH IF YOU DID THE JOB RIGHT WE'D HAVE MORE RUNS ON AND U'D HAVE WORK SO UMMM NO. NOT TO MENTION WHEN I'M ON VACATION I HAVE TO HEAR ABOUT HOW FAST UR . NOT THAT I CARE CAUSE I AM ME NOT U. BUT I DO GET THE FEEDBACK FROM MY CUSTOMERS AS TO WHY YOU GET BACK SO SOON CAUSE UR ATTITUDE AND SERVICE LEVEL SUCKS.
A perfect example is the many routes in our building that have been eliminated in the past year because you runners can't get it through your head what the consequences are. There are the loss of your route,injuries and accidents all because you're taking every shortcut possible. Yet you will also complain when there's no work for you or you're having trouble getting your 40 hours every week.
I'm sick and tired of trying to be the voice of reason in my center and listening to you say you get it,only to watch you continue your stupidity. Wake up!!!

FOLLOWS THE METHODS

i have been a runner since i became a driver. I worked parttime longer than anyone i know, so getting to chance to make enough money to live on has driven me. I follow the methods, i provide service to my customers. Probably the biggest thing i do is learn the route i run. I invest the time in knowing the most effective way to run the route. At the end of the day i have no regrets, i have earned what the company has paid me. I do get upset when i have to take work from the routes beside me. The thing that makes me the most upset is getting work from another route "because they will not get finished" nfind out the driver i took work from beat me in. There is too much greed in some people! The guys that wanted 60 hours a week are a thing of the past. The next generation of new drivers could care less about over time. There are 2 choices to not being out late, invest the time, use your head and get the job done or waste you time with a 9.5 grievence.

well if you are a runner like your opening statement says then ur not following the methods ;-) don't run,walk at a brisk pace. Rule #4 to the 5 keys to slips and falls. Just sayin....

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have been a runner since i became a driver. I worked parttime longer than anyone I know, so getting to chance to make enough money to live on has driven me. I follow the methods, I provide service to my customers. Probably the biggest thing I do is learn the route I run. I invest the time in knowing the most effective way to run the route. At the end of the day I have no regrets, I have earned what the company has paid me. I do get upset when I have to take work from the routes beside me. The thing that makes me the most upset is getting work from another route "because they will not get finished" nfind out the driver i took work from beat me in. There is too much greed in some people! The guys that wanted 60 hours a week are a thing of the past. The next generation of new drivers could care less about over time. There are 2 choices to not being out late, invest the time, use your head and get the job done or waste you time with a 9.5 grievence.
In the long run, your 'running' is only going to get you more work. And injuries. Every single one of our R&G's have been out on injury. 1 has only been driving a year longer than I have. 1 has been out for more than a year. 1 has been out more than once. If you don't want work off your neighbor then take your lunch and breaks like you are supposed to. Walk-don't run. Make them put another rte in if there is to much work. Instead of screwing your bro by blowing a rte up, let him work.

There are one or two things that I agree with. 1 - if someone takes work off me, I never give them more so I can get in before them. That is one quick way of not getting any help in the future. 2 - Learn the route.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I never ask for help, if I'm not going to make cutoff I let my center team know and they handle it however they wish. If they send another driver to take work(very rare these days) I show them what I have left and let them pick whatever they want, I have zero interest in "dispatching" another driver. If I get tired of working over 9.5 every day I'll let my center team know, and if they don't fix it I'll grieve it. I've won excessive OT grievances before and it was amazing how quickly the work came off when they had to start paying me double time (that was under the old contract, I know it's triple time now). People make this way too complicated, just do your job, play by the rules, and don't worry about what other drivers are doing.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I look on the OR each morning to see how my day went. Every Friday I get a check that supports me and my family. If someone else is a gunner, slug, gets fired, loses a route, gets hurt etc. albeit entertaining, really has no effect on my bottom line.

Steward773

You will always have your 'slugs' and 'gunners'. The next generation of new drivers was not working back when I started, before edd and all the rest of the technology. The stop counts back then were 30, 40, on some routes even 60 stops less than now. I'm only a dumb truck driver, but technology only saves you a portion of time not enough to raise a stop count by this much. With the big push in safety today, I think this is why so many are upset and production is such a hot topic. In my old center it was the senior drivers, and the newer drivers who followed the methods that were paid over. I knew that some 'gunners' could never make their numbers if they followed the methods being that I used to cover their route. As a steward, I used to be in the office with these drivers being disiplined for everything under the sun. I would always put it in my back pocket to use against the company if they came after me for my production, but they never did. I didn't like the way that technology was taking over my job, this is one of the reasons I bid a 22.3. It is unbelievable how my life has changed for the better. Remember.... it's always better to be safe than sorry.