Supervisor drunk on the job?

JJinVA

As a Teamster you're supposed to (ideally) notify a supervisor who isn't impared. Then its the responsibility of that person to follow the rules which are the same for anyone. If they're looking to drive you can't let them, and in any case you get a manager as a witness and intervene. Then the employee or supervisor has one bite of the apple to say, "I have a problem and I need help" to be referred to counseling. If they insist they're fine you send them for a fitness for duty test. I've been in many situations where we've prompted someone with "Are you sure you don't have anything to tell me?"

The biggest problem I think is, if they themselves reek of alcohol, how would they ever be able to smell if a driver had alcohol on their breath? Thats an obvious problem if all of management is coming in hammered.

Again, Im all for personal freedom. If you want to drink, drink as much as you want like youre at war with your liver and youre winning the war. But as soon as it moves out of the realm of self-destruction, and into the realm of putting my life and those I love at risk, then it IS, "our" problem

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
yesterday in our local hub we had two supervisor who were drunk on the job. A few employees noticed the smell of alcohol on both supervisor. They were allowed to finish working there shift. Our full time supervisor was interacting with both supervisor throughout the night. Our full time supervisor has allowed supervisor to work drunk and drink on the job before. How and who should I report this to?
See next post! 😁

Last edited:

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
yesterday in our local hub we had two supervisor who were drunk on the job. A few employees noticed the smell of alcohol on both supervisor. They were allowed to finish working there shift. Our full time supervisor was interacting with both supervisor throughout the night. Our full time supervisor has allowed supervisor to work drunk and drink on the job before. How and who should I report this to?
If someone drinks a bottle or two late in the evening of a good Cabernet then passes out for 7-8 hours then wakes up showers and brushes their bucks and heads to work. They can still smell as if they were just drinking. Wine smell... most here have smelled that odor. They're not lit or legally drunk.

If a supervisor, like you said, is allowing drinking on the job. That's not right.

D

Deleted member 77202

If you’re a driver? No way, they’ll hang you out to dry. If you are PT, as long as you show up for work, no one cares. The vast majority of our hub workers are stoned on a daily basis. Everyone knows, nobody cares.
Lots of preloaders in my building have vape-like devices in their pockets that have 'marijuana liquid' cartridges in them (you can smell it big time if you're near them) & those guys hit them constantly when a Supervisor is nowhere in sight.

And the guys will alert one another if and when a Sup is coming their way, and then they'll hurry up & put their 'dope pipes' away.

Obviously, the Sups turn their heads to it because if I can smell marijuana, then they can too. :sailor::peaceful::punk:

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Lots of preloaders in my building have vape-like devices in their pockets that have 'marijuana liquid' cartridges in them (you can smell it big time if you're near them) & those guys hit them constantly when a Supervisor is nowhere in sight.

And the guys will alert one another if and when a Sup is coming their way, and then they'll hurry up & put their 'dope pipes' away.

Obviously, the Sups turn their heads to it because if I can smell marijuana, then they can too. :sailor::peaceful::punk:
Yeah I used to see those all the time when they first came out. I saw some girl hitting one out in the open at Disney World because no one knew what they were yet.

quad decade guy

There are security cameras everywhere(even at UPS). I can guarantee this is on tape.

Undertow

Well with what passes for training new preluders, I've wondered if a few of the sups assigned to them have been boozing it up too.