Supervisor not changing start time

Figured I'd ask here and see what you guys say since I won't get an honest answer from the people I work with. I'm a seasonal hire but have become friends with a lot of the permanent employees and was given some interesting information.

Apparently the supervisor in my building does not like to change the start times in our building sometimes and what I was told by my pt sup is he changes it at the end of the week. I've noticed this clocking in and seeing my weekly total way under what it should be. A fellow temp hire has said he already noticed hours missing from his check and I'm not sure if I have yet but am now monitoring it closely. Question is, if he is in fact short changing us out of hours what can we do? Who do we complain to? I'm not a person that likes to make noise but I will not tolerate my hours being "forgotten". Any information would be nice. Thanks!

watdaflock?

Track your hours and if your total is incorrect come Friday when you clock out you should not have any concerns mentioning it to your supervisor.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Apparently the supervisor in my building does not like to change the start times in our building sometimes and what I was told by my pt sup is he changes it at the end of the week.
Wouldn't doubt that he does change it at the end of his week. If he's over his allotted time by a large margin he will hear it the next day. If he does it at the end of the week it shows up in reports but nobody seems to pay attention to it.
I've noticed this clocking in and seeing my weekly total way under what it should be.
The timecard system management uses and the one you use are separate. What happens when you clock out is it transmits your whole card to the Global Timecard System. So if we change your times whether it be earlier or later it won't show on your weekly total screen. It shows up in our reports, but not your login screen. Take for instance yesterday I asked one of my guys to show up early to prep for the sort. He worked 6 hours but it only showed 5:15 on his timecard. But since I changed his time my report showed 6.

But with that being said, if you are seeing discrepancies in your pay on your check you should talk with your FT sup if you know for a fact the time you worked. Every change made in timecards is tracked, and if you are not getting paid for your work it is wrong, and not to mention illegal.

tacken

What a sup changing a time card.WOW thats so dishonest of him or her.Welcome to UPS document everything and by all means keep track of your time. They will cheat you...

By The Book

Ask your sup like this,,,, I think my hours are wrong on my check could we look into this. You are paid from start time to when you punch out. You are not paid before that unless you get that approved. You need to keep a log of your hours and compare that to your paycheck also.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Exactly....Like Frigidad said...stop worrying about what the start time says when you punch in or the total weekly hours when you clock out. They can go back and correct it daily and it won't show on Package Timecard Web.

Go on upsers.com and look up your paycheck tonight after midnight.....the check you will receive this Friday. If your check is missing hours....go find your FT sup. Always write down your hours daily so you don't forget.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Labor board won't touch it until you go trough the Union grievance process. Don't belong to the Union? Sorry.
Don't need to belong to the union to get this fixed. Sups get fired for this. Just keep track of your time and ask the sup to correct it if it is wrong. If he will not, find a steward and ask him to ask the sup to correct it. Believe me, it will be corrected.

DOK

I would call the honesty hotline and talk to union steward before talking to your sup. Get the accurate documentation of your hours together before talking to anyone to make sure your claims are in fact accurate.

Well I've talked to every supervisor in my building including the preload operations manager and they have done nothing but give me the run around and nobody seems to know what to do. I've been told the manager on charge of the time clock does it on purpose because the money goes towards his bonus. Not sure how much truth there is to that but who should I contact next?

Don't need to belong to the union to get this fixed. Sups get fired for this. Just keep track of your time and ask the sup to correct it if it is wrong. If he will not, find a steward and ask him to ask the sup to correct it. Believe me, it will be corrected.
How do I get ahold of my Union steward? Who do I ask or whatever to get ahold of him?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Dude, you should already know who the steward is in your work group. Document your punch in and out times to the 1/100th. (Military) If it's short one time, I wouldn't say anything. If its short a second time, I would lower the boom on the honesty hotline. You should have been keeping track of your hours way before now, anyway. They have a record (operations report) which is their bible. If it's short, it is there in black and white.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It doesn't matter what the start time says when you punch in. Or your total hours for the week when you punch out. If sup changed it manually in the computer...it won't reflect that on the Timecard Web. The ONLY thing that matters is the hours on your paycheck. Write your punch times down daily and keep track. If you are shorted hours in your paycheck....grab your steward and find your center manager asap.

They never told me who the steward was... They put us through a half asked training program then we started working. Last week I tracked my hours and had around 21.this morning I checked my statement and they paid me for 13.the guy that handles the time lied and said he wasn't in last week when I fact myself and many others saw him. I know for a fact something shady is going on and they won't fix it.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

They never told me who the steward was... They put us through a half asked training program then we started working. Last week I tracked my hours and had around 21.this morning I checked my statement and they paid me for 13.the guy that handles the time lied and said he wasn't in last week when I fact myself and many others saw him. I know for a fact something shady is going on and they won't fix it.
You got shorted 8 hours? I'm sorry but something isn't matching up here. There are always people who trim numbers, but that's a little extreme

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Had around 21? 13 is around 21....you need to be specific and write down your start time and what time you clock out everyday.

Had around 21? 13 is around 21....you need to be specific and write down your start time and what time you clock out everyday.
13 is nowhere near 21.im talking off by minutes. I have my times now didn't have them on me
Monday start time 430 done at 8.00
Tues 345 to 815
Weds 345 to 815
Thursday Thanksgiving was told seasonal get 4 hours pays if you show up wedsday and Friday.
Friday 300 to 8
In no way are they even close to what I should have even if I don't get Thanksgiving. I've talked to everyone and I just get the run around. Would hr have my stewards number?