Supervisor question

Skuz2121

This is for Full time supervisors. Can upper management force you to go on ready teams to other cities to help? Can you lose your job if you turn it down?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Nowhere now but I have went on multiple trips and I don’t always want to go! Just wondering if you could lose your job for not going
Tell your current employees you are going on "special assignment". Always worked for my sups and made them feel important. Came back 10 lbs lighter so it's a win win.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
they can't force you, you can refuse when push comes to shove but your career will fall off a cliff for 5-10 years minimum

if you dont have kids, just take your tampon out and go, just the same old :censored2: in a different place

unloady

This is for Full time supervisors. Can upper management force you to go on ready teams to other cities to help? Can you lose your job if you turn it down?
You will do what you are told and you will like it. When they tell you to jump, your response should be “How high?”. If there are any issues with your assignment the door is over there. Go take that crap to Amazon and see what they tell you.

All jokes aside, if you have any issues with management request that a steward be present. Call the union hall and file a grievance if necessary. Good luck.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
You will do what you are told and you will like it. When they tell you to jump, your response should be “How high?”. If there are any issues with your assignment the door is over there. Go take that crap to Amazon and see what they tell you.

All jokes aside, if you have any issues with management request that a steward be present. Call the union hall and file a grievance if necessary. Good luck.

The original poster was talking about full time supervisors. In this case, having a steward present is a pretty novel tactic. Might just work.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
they can't force you, you can refuse when push comes to shove but your career will fall off a cliff for 5-10 years minimum

if you dont have kids, just take your tampon out and go, just the same old :censored2: in a different place

Why would they force you out of state when your own operation is understaffed and barely holding it’s own?

It depends on the weather...we been pretty lucky here, but we are due.

If people ship early instead of waiting for the last minute we might have escaped this potential pandemic disaster.

DaveA

They cannot force you. But most sups cave under the pressure and go. I have refused a few times. Got the usual 'You have to', to which I apologized and again reiterated I wasn't going due to kids, etc. You'll never get fired for it. They may torture you in other ways but you aren't getting fired for it.

ManInBrown

Sure can. Isn’t being in management fun? One of our feeder on roads got sent to Hartford last year at peak when the place got decimated by COVID. This on road was dealing with a very ill family member at the time, and upper management didn’t have on :censored2: to give.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
They cannot force you. But most sups cave under the pressure and go. I have refused a few times. Got the usual 'You have to', to which I apologized and again reiterated I wasn't going due to kids, etc. You'll never get fired for it. They may torture you in other ways but you aren't getting fired for it.

What kind of “torture “...? (IRON MAIDEN)... (DRAWN and QUARTERED)...

Inquisitive people want to know...

Karma...

in the old days when the partnership concept was alive and well it was part of being a partner.....nowadays in the entitlement age its optional.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
in the old days when the partnership concept was alive and well it was part of being a partner.....nowadays in the entitlement age its optional.

You just absolutely nailed it! When I first started and someone started a conversation with "Hey, Partner." I knew he or she was going to ask me to do something I had no time for and didn't want to do, but I would do it anyway.

Karma...

Thats exactly right .....When we went went public and changed our name that was the point where the culture started changing...Most of the leadership who effected going public quickly retired, bailed out and left the rest of us out to dry.....With the younger management not having a defined pension meaning ups doesn't want them long term. Its still bitter knowing that the general public can buy our stock. Going public was a betrayal.......

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Thats exactly right .....When we went went public and changed our name that was the point where the culture started changing...Most of the leadership who effected going public quickly retired, bailed out and left the rest of us out to dry.....With the younger management not having a defined pension meaning ups doesn't want them long term. Its still bitter knowing that the general public can buy our stock. Going public was a betrayal.......
agree with everything you said except the pension bit

pensions are for poor people, 401k are INSANELY superior in every way