Supervisor ride along

SoCal87

From hawaii here I was told that I am going to have a supervisor ride with me for 3 days because my over allowance was 2hrs and this is the first time I ever went over 2hrs. Is there something with this?

DOK

From hawaii here I was told that I am going to have a supervisor ride with me for 3 days because my over allowance was 2hrs and this is the first time I ever went over 2hrs. Is there something with this?
Tell them you have COVID concerns and can’t maintain social distancing with a ride along.

Steamer

Tell them that you're being a safe driver. That's all that matters. Their fairy tail mythical numbers don't mean anything over safety. Don't go faster being unsafe with them onboard with you. It will just bite you in the end with them saying "see you can do it in less time". Follow every method and speed limit.

raceanoncr

What I did for 32 years, whether in P/C or feeders, was to do everything by the methods, all the time, not just during a ride. EVERYTHING. You think that will end the rides? Try it. It worked for me.
Example:
In feeders, I kept getting over weight tickets. They kept sending me with two trailers full of books from a local vendor. I tole em, "I'm only gonna tell you this once....Don't do that. For this reason". "Uh.....What?" "Nevermind". The next day I had a rider....with the same loads. BINGO. Another overweight. Long story short, we were there for over 3 hours getting it fixed. He was livid. I merely said, "I told you so".
Next day, same loads, more tickets. Do they ever learn? You decide. Just work by the methods.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
My over allowance was 2hrs and this is the first time I ever went over 2hrs.
spinal-tap-numbers-go-to11.gif

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
I wouldn’t worry about it. I’m over 3 hours everyday.

Zowert

They seem to pick and choose when they want to pick on drivers over time allowance. I had a street on my route that was closed for construction one time. I had to load up my handtruck twice and walk over a dozen stops off, it took me a good 45 minutes to an hour. Never heard anything about it. About a month later my truck broke down. Two supervisors brought me a new brown ten minutes later, they helped me swap around 100 pieces and about 20 minutes after the breakdown I was back out delivering. The next day my supervisor (who wasn’t one of the two that came out to help) asked me why I was 30 minutes over allowed! Dude I had a breakdown. “Oh I didn’t know that.”

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Lol, you have never been ojs'ed?

Keep you cool, be positive, but remember, they will try to speed you up. Slow down, do the normal job. Do nothing to increase productivity.

Brownwind

Most of us have been through dozens of rides. Remember the methods are your best friend. Under no exception be unsafe (not worth it). Don’t get into a war of words arguing with your sup. Take your full breaks and lunch. When things start going south, stop talking and start humming to the music in your head.
Chances are they are just checking on the changes in the area your delivering. There’s been so many neighborhoods growing the system can’t keep up with the changes. (Remember it’s out of your control) Also nobody wants to sit in the jump seat including your sup, be decent and you might get a break. Try to be cool and remember what your check pays for 😄😄

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Introduce your supervisor to all of your customers at every single stop. Tell then he can solve any problems they may have as he is the best supe ever! That will eat up time like you wouldnt believe!! Work Safely,by the methods and dont feel intimidated to go any faster. If you are running a business route take lunch between 12-1,and keep records over any pickups moved or bulk stops taken off,as well if the prick comes in early and massages your load. This is just Head Games by management to scare you into going faster,dont fall for it.

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated

Do the job the same way whether you have a sup on board or not. Follow the methods, brisk walk pace, drive the speed limit and work safely. They might set your load up much better than you are used to seeing. You can't be intimidated if you always do the job correctly. Not sure if they still do this, but when I did an OJS is typically bought the driver lunch if it was feasible.

Also, chances are you know the job better than your supervisor. Take a breath. You will be fine.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We need the BrownCafe tough guys to check in. They walk off one mile driveways and cuss out sups who try to tell them what to do!

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
WHEN THE DIAD FREEZES , MAKE SURE HE TIMES IT.

Tell him you’ll be following Orion %100 I bet he doesn’t even ride with you after that.

BOMBARD THE SUPERVISORS WITH QUESTIONS ITLL MAKE HIS HEAD SPIN

🧔‍♂️✊

Last edited: