supervisor tried to kill someone.

Siveriano

UPDATE.
Driver got charge with a notice of discharge for failing to follow procedures, because he should had notified his supervisor.
And the funny thing is that his sup was in the office with the driver and steward and even said that the driver told him but he didnt saw the person who threw the bucket truck so he couldn't just take the drivers word for it.
Really hope he called osha or something

Siveriano

50+ witnesses?
Yeah. For what he told me the manager make it sound like everyone safety was not his concern but that they will sit and review the notice of discharge on a later date.
I told him ill make an statement as a witness and will ask as many drivers as possible to sign on it as well.

This is just another case of intimidation from UPS hopefully he sue or something.

Siveriano

Basically it went like that.
Driver: so why im being putting on notice of discharge for?
Manager: failing to follow procedures.
Steward: what procedures did he fail?
Manager: he should had notify his supervisor.
Steward: but he notified his supervisor, didnt he?
Supervisor: yeah he told me but i didn't saw who threw those carts so i couldn't just take his word for it.
Steward: so whats the notice of discharge for?
Manager: failing to follow procedures, its not your job to look for everyone safety, you should had left the area.

Justaloader

Sounds about right. Moral of the story - don't get hurt on company time. They will find a way to make it "your fault", regardless of reality of the situation. The roof the building could fall in and land on your head, and it'd be your fault for being in the way. What can Brown do for you? :)

Siveriano

Sounds about right. Moral of the story - don't get hurt on company time. They will find a way to make it "your fault", regardless of reality of the situation. The roof the building could fall in and land on your head, and it'd be your fault for being in the way. What can Brown do for you? :)
Everything is avoidable at UPS if only the Bigbang didnt happened we coulndt have evolve and that old lady wouldn't had hit my perfectly parked UPS truck.

Box Ox

specter208

How is the driver doing? Is he still working now. Has a grievance been filed and have any witnesses come forward to back this driver up.

Siveriano

How is the driver doing? Is he still working now. Has a grievance been filed and have any witnesses come forward to back this driver up.
He is doing better, says he has to go back on Monday for therapy as for grievances idk apparently is now a waiting game for the hearing to fight the notice of discharge, i got him a couple of lawyers in case he decided to sue for damages.
They have him sitting on the office doing the OMS paper work.
Yes we are 5 so far willing to sign statements but one of the stewards says it might not be necessary as the full time sup admitted that the driver was actually telling the truth version of the incident.

On a side note, I'm very mad, today was my 2nd day over 9.5..... I guess no filing this week.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Your hub doesn't have surveillance cameras in the building???

I know when a box fell on my foot, I told the BC to get the surveillance camera footage for proof of workman comp claim/ insurance. was good to have a neighboring driver witness it too

Glad you and your fellow teamsters are going to back him up.

jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden
UPDATE.
Driver got charge with a notice of discharge for failing to follow procedures, because he should had notified his supervisor.
And the funny thing is that his sup was in the office with the driver and steward and even said that the driver told him but he didnt saw the person who threw the bucket truck so he couldn't just take the drivers word for it.
Really hope he called osha or something

#BelieveAllDrivers

jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden
Basically it went like that.
Driver: so why im being putting on notice of discharge for?
Manager: failing to follow procedures.
Steward: what procedures did he fail?
Manager: he should had notify his supervisor.
Steward: but he notified his supervisor, didnt he?
Supervisor: yeah he told me but i didn't saw who threw those carts so i couldn't just take his word for it.
Steward: so whats the notice of discharge for?
Manager: failing to follow procedures, its not your job to look for everyone safety, you should had left the area.

Come on...

Siveriano

UPDATE:
So the big union guys came today and told the driver and steward that UPS dismissed the notice of discharge, but once the steward asked the manager he said no, that he will hold up the notice of discharge as he believes the driver is faking his injury and because the driver goes to the gym.
We ask the driver, and he confirmed that he has not been to the GYM for 3 weeks now and has how to prove it as you need to sign in on the gym app, the driver also has the paper work from the clinic with the diagnoses.

How dumb the manager has to be to play it like this?
Also, driver has not being disciplined for over 18 months, didn't UPS has to give a verbal warning before issuing a notice of discharge?

UPS never cease to amaze me.