Supervisor using the "N" word

UPeopleSuck

Can a supervisor get terminated for using the "N" word on social media ?

There are numerous cases of folks who have been terminated for racist actions outside of their workplace. I remember reading that several of the Charlottesville protestors were terminated by their employer once their pictures were circulated.

In UPS’ case, I’m sure they would come down extremely harshly on any publicized incidents of racism by magement that reflected poorly upon them. In this situation, I’m sure they would care less and sweep it under the rug like everything else.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
There are numerous cases of folks who have been terminated for racist actions outside of their workplace. I remember reading that several of the Charlottesville protestors were terminated by their employer once their pictures were circulated.

In UPS’ case, I’m sure they would come down extremely harshly on any publicized incidents of racism by magement that reflected poorly upon them. In this situation, I’m sure they would care less and sweep it under the rug like everything else.
It depends on the site where this occurred.
If it is Facebook or Twitter, it will get lots of attention from the Corporate folks.
If it is a lesser known site, say ‘Guns R Us’ then probably not much attention.
Corporate pays almost no attention to Brown Cafe but local management may.
Note: UPS doesn’t care about Brown Cafe because it’s just employees that come here.
It HR announced a new enhancement, they may monitor to see how people are reacting.
UPS uses spiders to crawl the internet and sites are rated for PR purposes.
No one cares about whining and bitchin’ on here.

Dr.Brownz

Real talk: I wouldn't go down the road of "this is the magic word that will get anyone fired" just wait till they make your favorite slur or insult a forbidden word and you are fired for something that you don't think is offensive. Real life harassment is one thing, but messages on facebook are another. Who gives a :censored2:, people :censored2:post all over the internet, doesn't mean they are serious. This is getting to thought police levels.