Supervisors at center not having routes set before start time saying we can't bump

jjm113

At our center they tell us we have a 15 minutes before start time rule to be able to bump to a route but most days recently they have extras in the middle and are asking people if they want to go home til past start time then they put whoever they want on a route and won't allow you to say that you want that route instead of the lower seniority guy they move to it. What can be done about this? If there is a 15 minute rule then they should be held to having the routes set 15 min before too.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
At our center they tell us we have a 15 minutes before start time rule to be able to bump to a route but most days recently they have extras in the middle and are asking people if they want to go home til past start time then they put whoever they want on a route and won't allow you to say that you want that route instead of the lower seniority guy they move to it. What can be done about this? If there is a 15 minute rule then they should be held to having the routes set 15 min before too.

Where is this ?

Cowboy Mac

I’m also in the southern. Here they put you wherever they want but they still have to work you based on seniority. As long as you’re working And getting your 8 hours that’s all the union cares about.

If it were me I would let them know you want your 8 hours and wait for instructions.

If they send you home before junior employees, file to be paid the time that the junior employee worked.

If they work you on a route you don’t know or like, communicate via diad that you will have service failures then run straight air, then straight businesses in Orion order, take your hour lunch 12-1, then pickups. Save all resis for last. Do not answer your phone and make them set meet points if they send you help.

They will learn to put you on a route that you know, and can make service on.

charm299

Ok.

Can you tell me why you think this ?
He don’t do nothing, he literally tells drivers they need to get there over allowed down. Show me any where in the contract where it says anything about over allowed, they were making up stuff about drivers and firing the one that had a lot of over allowed

Coldworld

60 months and counting
He don’t do nothing, he literally tells drivers they need to get there over allowed down. Show me any where in the contract where it says anything about over allowed, they were making up stuff about drivers and firing the one that had a lot of over allowed
Been here 30+years and have never seen a driver fired for production….ever. What I have seen drivers fired for are 2 things….stealing packages and drug/alcohol issues…almost every single time.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Really.

What Local Union?

charm299

Been here 30+years and have never seen a driver fired for production….ever. What I have seen drivers fired for are 2 things….stealing packages and drug/alcohol issues…almost every single time.
There was a big post on here s month or two the guy got fired for “padding” stops because he was delivering to different suites that had same address. Before that, that was doing everything they could to get his over allowed down. He had the most over allowed in building. They fired the top six drivers with the most over allowed for petty :censored2:

oldngray

nowhere special
Never for production but that can put you on their radar so they try to find some other excuse to fire you.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Enough bitching and complaining toward them at the time will give you whatever you want.
They don’t want to hear it so they just say yes

jjm113

Enough bitching and complaining toward them at the time will give you whatever you want.
They don’t want to hear it so they just say yes
trust me i go at it with them it's not helping and our union stewarts are all new / don't want to help anyone that's a 22.4.