Supervisors confronting employees who are watching them work

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
Local 41, Lenexa KS Hub. It's well known around the hub that when the unload supes/ trainers are done with their duties that 4-6 of them come over to the outbound and work on one of the :censored2:ty south-side belts. I've previously grieved these guys on it, I'm turning in another grievance today for guys working on Monday. Last week 2 guys from my belt were off the clock and walking to another part of the hub, when they passed black belt, the belt we always find these guys working on, they stopped to watch the supes working. When one of the shift bosses saw (the bosses are usually standing right there watching the PT supes work), he ran up to the guy who's been here for 15 years and is a former steward, got in his face, and started screaming at him and threatening to fire him if he didn't leave in 2 seconds. Of course, he's being grieved for that as well.

I've started walking down by black belt "on my way to the bathroom" every day after I clock out. Sometimes I bring someone with me, sometimes I don't because I got off early or late. Is there anything in the contract that can be used against me for standing and observing supervisors working while I'm off the clock? 3 guys on my belt are turning in supe working grievances today, one is for over 3 hours, so this much-hated shift boss is probably going to be in hysterics and will probably confront me sooner rather than later.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We're trying to. My belt is one of the only areas that supes know they can't :censored2: around. The pickoffs get them for working on neighboring belts at least once a week.
Good for you. I know we have had a few sups come from there and they whine that we grieve everything.

I don't feel we grieve nearly enough.

Local 41, Lenexa KS Hub. It's well known around the hub that when the unload supes/ trainers are done with their duties that 4-6 of them come over to the outbound and work on one of the :censored2:ty south-side belts. I've previously grieved these guys on it, I'm turning in another grievance today for guys working on Monday. Last week 2 guys from my belt were off the clock and walking to another part of the hub, when they passed black belt, the belt we always find these guys working on, they stopped to watch the supes working. When one of the shift bosses saw (the bosses are usually standing right there watching the PT supes work), he ran up to the guy who's been here for 15 years and is a former steward, got in his face, and started screaming at him and threatening to fire him if he didn't leave in 2 seconds. Of course, he's being grieved for that as well.

I've started walking down by black belt "on my way to the bathroom" every day after I clock out. Sometimes I bring someone with me, sometimes I don't because I got off early or late. Is there anything in the contract that can be used against me for standing and observing supervisors working while I'm off the clock? 3 guys on my belt are turning in supe working grievances today, one is for over 3 hours, so this much-hated shift boss is probably going to be in hysterics and will probably confront me sooner rather than later.

You can stand there and in your most pleasant voice say" Excuse us gentlemen but we can't help but notice you have work to do. We have hours available and are willing to do it".

Let them yell and tell you to leave. Grieve for supes working. Repeat each day.
:)

Johnny Paycheck

Speak softly and carry a big stick.
You and that shopsteward need to go to the department of labor and file file file!! That's a labor charge, let him use you as a witness.
I wasn't there but another guy from our belt was. The 15-year guy being yelled at played it impressively cool, even though Gary was yelling and spitting up a storm he just told him "You better watch your tone, I'm a grown man you're not allowed to talk to me like that." And the other guy piped up and goes "Witness." and Gar-bear shut up pretty quick after that and walked off.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You can stand there and in your most pleasant voice say" Excuse us gentlemen but we can't help but notice you have work to do. We have hours available and are willing to do it".

Let them yell and tell you to leave. Grieve for supes working. Repeat each day.
:)

Thats it.... in a nutshell.

You can't just stand there, and "observe".... and expect to be paid for the time.

Offer to do the work. If they refuse to allow you to do it.... thats your grievance.

For all time lost. Period.

-Bug-

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I wasn't there but another guy from our belt was. The 15-year guy being yelled at played it impressively cool, even though Gary was yelling and spitting up a storm he just told him "You better watch your tone, I'm a grown man you're not allowed to talk to me like that." And the other guy piped up and goes "Witness." and Gar-bear shut up pretty quick after that and walked off.

Same guy that used to be known

as The Little Nazi

Sent using BrownCafe App

gorilla75jdw

Our hub allows a 15 minute period after you clock out to leave , unless your a steward or you stay in the breakroom.

Sent using BrownCafe App

gorilla75jdw

I don't know , lol . They literally have to run them off . And then it's on to the parking lot . Welcome to White's Creek

Sent using BrownCafe App

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

If that happened here I would pick the busiest day when I know they would be working and have all (and I mean all ) the Business Agents come in the building for an inspection. Let's see him yell and scream at the B.A.'s. Those guys will go to jail before they will walk out (as will I).

"Hello HR. I fear for my safety from Mgr Bob. I noticed him working and offered to help and he became verbally violent with me."

10 point

"Hello HR. I fear for my safety from Mgr Bob. I noticed him working and offered to help and he became verbally violent with me."
We played their 800 HR phone call jive for too long. We finally took testimony to the city law director and let him correspond with Atlanta. That creates a sense of urgency like nothing else will.
1-800 isn't nearly as effective as 9-1-1. We don't wait for WEEKS for those reports to be effectively applied like going the labor route.
The law is for the lawless.
Then we file, just so they get the point.

Work safe or not at all.

Thats it.... in a nutshell.

You can't just stand there, and "observe".... and expect to be paid for the time.

Offer to do the work. If they refuse to allow you to do it.... thats your grievance.

For all time lost. Period.

-Bug-

You can just stand there, and observe. It's called "exhausting all means". They have to offer the work before they can perform it. If they have not offered it, they have not exhausted all means. We do not have to beg for the work.

You can just stand there, and observe. It's called "exhausting all means". They have to offer the work before they can perform it. If they have not offered it, they have not exhausted all means. We do not have to beg for the work.

Standing there and making them play guessing games is not how you play it. YOU have the responsibility to make them aware that you see work is available and you are able to do it. THEN they are to offer it to you or you grieve.

Standing there mute and just watching will get a well motivated mgr to threaten you over stealing time. You remember that thread, right?