Supervisors doctoring hours on pre-load

Ximun8

I started preload as seasonal help in November. I was advised then that I should keep a watch on my hours as they get changed a good bit on the pre-load schedule. Any time they were off I notified my sup and it was fixed.

Once I started permanent, i seemed to be in the same boat. Apparently our pre-load shift uses a different clock in system than the rest of the company (because of 'rolling' in-times). Regardless of when we clock in our SUPs change our in times.

After hearing a SUP advise another SUP that no one goes over 5 hours on a particular day (3/6) I checked my hours and saw that my 5.3 hours got rolled back to 5. I spoke to a few others on my line and they were in the same situation.

I was tired of telling my SUP to fix my time and notified the union. We had a talk but nothing was fixed. I still haven't been paid for my hours and I feel that SUPs try muscling up on me now.

Should I speak to the union again? Call the labor dept? Any advice is appreciated

km3

I started preload as seasonal help in November. I was advised then that I should keep a watch on my hours as they get changed a good bit on the pre-load schedule. Any time they were off I notified my sup and it was fixed.

Once I started permanent, i seemed to be in the same boat. Apparently our pre-load shift uses a different clock in system than the rest of the company (because of 'rolling' in-times). Regardless of when we clock in our SUPs change our in times.

After hearing a SUP advise another SUP that no one goes over 5 hours on a particular day (3/6) I checked my hours and saw that my 5.3 hours got rolled back to 5. I spoke to a few others on my line and they were in the same situation.

I was tired of telling my SUP to fix my time and notified the union. We had a talk but nothing was fixed. I still haven't been paid for my hours and I feel that SUPs try muscling up on me now.

Should I speak to the union again? Call the labor dept? Any advice is appreciated

The more proof you have that you worked that time the better. Keep at it until they fix it or they say you don't have enough proof. Bring a note into work every day that you can keep track of your hours on. Document the time you reported, your actual start time, and what time you clocked out.

Your supervisors will try to push back because they can get into big trouble for shaving time off your card.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

File a grievance over violation to article 17 of the master contract

ARTICLE 17. PAID FOR TIME
All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time
spent in service of the Employer. Rates of pay provided for by this
Agreement shall be minimums. Time shall be computed from the
time that the employee is ordered to report for work and registers in
and until the employee is effectively released from duty. All time
lost due to delays as a result of overloads or certificate violations
involving federal, state or city regulations, which occur through no
fault of the driver, shall be paid for by the Employer.
The Employer will not allow employees to work prior to their start
time without appropriate compensation.
Wages for properly selected vacations, in all instances, will be paid to
the employees no later than the workday prior to their vacation. If the
employee does not receive his/her vacation check, the Employer will
make all reasonable efforts to provide the check the following day
including delivery by Saturday or Next Day Air. If the employee
requests to see his vacation check on the Monday as permitted below
and the Employer fails to make the vacation payment available by
Saturday following the employee’s regular scheduled pay day, the
employee shall be paid an additional amount equal to one-half (1/2)
of his or her daily guarantee at his or her regular hourly rate of pay
for every subsequent pay period until the shortage is corrected. Other
shortages involving more than forty ($40.00) dollars for full-time
employees, and twenty ($20.00) dollars for part-time employees, will
be corrected and the payment will be made available to the employ-
ee at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday
after reporting the shortage. If the Employer fails to make the pay-
ment available on the employee’s second scheduled workday and the
shortage was the result of the Employer’s error, the employee will be
paid an additional amount equal to one-half (1/2) of his/her daily
guarantee at his/her regular hourly rate for every full pay period in
which the shortage is not paid after the second (2nd) scheduled work
day, until corrected.
Errors of less than forty ($40.00) dollars for full-time employees or
twenty ($20.00) dollars for part-time employees and overages will
be corrected in the following weekly paycheck.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'd get all of you together and all file for the missed time.
They could punish/harass one of you, but they can't beat up the whole line.
It puts the union in Union and will make things happen faster.

On upsers.com under Job Tools, UPS has given us the visibility to see our time cards when we get home.
It is important that you check that to make sure there is no games with your hours.

km3

On upsers.com under Job Tools, UPS has given us the visibility to see our time cards when we get home.
It is important that you check that to make sure there is no games with your hours.

I have a shortcut to that on my phone. 2 clicks away from my desktop, literally.

The thing is though... It will show whatever is in the system currently. If his sup fudges the numbers before he gets home, he'll see the modified times.

Over 70

Everyday when I punch out I put to the minute my time and classification in my Google calendar for the day on my phone. Easy to keep track and compare to time card viewer. No paper.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I have a shortcut to that on my phone. 2 clicks away from my desktop, literally.

The thing is though... It will show whatever is in the system currently. If his sup fudges the numbers before he gets home, he'll see the modified times.
I agree.
I check every Thursday to make sure my times are correct and sick/personal days were used when requested.
Gives me Friday to make sure it's corrected for my paycheck next week.
I've never been shorted on hours but many times I request a paid day and he forgets to put it in.
It's a good habit to get into.

35years

Gravy route
Keep meticulous records. Have others do the same.
Have others initial your notes recording punch out time.
Join together with the others getting shorted.
Present it all to your Steward.
File together and demand the penalty pay (1/2 days pay) which increases every week they delay paying you.

You are not a slave, you get paid for all hours.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Next time you clock in pull your supervisor over to show you how to punch in correctly. Then take out your notebook and say the date and time out loud as you write it down in front of him.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
When I worked preload my hours were ALWAYS short...I eventually always got the money but it was annoying as hell...two of the full time sups ended up getting fired for it...one kicked the bucket shortly after

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you know that this may be a possibility you print a copy of the time card shortly after you punch out and a second copy if changes have been made.