Supervisors Training vs. Supervisors Working

Wizzy

Unfortunately I'm afraid most people at UPS today don't know what REA is! The center manager when I started driving had a rusty REA picture above his desk and was a good man to work with!

clarnzz

My opinion has always been that if a supervisor is training an employee and between them they are only doing the work one fully trained seniority employee could do I don't have a problem it. You could grieve it if you want, but the supervisor in this instance isn't costing the union any jobs and I doubt the other employees on the belt want it off every 3 minutes as a 2 day hire can't keep up.

Now if you are talking the whole "I'm gonna come clean up your impossible to keep up work area every half hour and call it training game". The employee should really refuse the help and ask for a union employee to come help clean up the area.

ocnewguy

all i have to add is i learned more in 15 minutes of watching my sup tell me to stand back and watch him load than a week of being thrown in a trailer with the union guys whose methods consist of throwing and kicking. they can have my 15 minutes