Supervisors Working Grievances on Behalf of Others

turdburglar

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew if I would be able to file a supervisors working grievance on behalf of other preloaders. It appears that I am the only one in the building who has the balls to actually file, although there are people in the building who are sick of how they are run off the clock only to have supervisors do their work once they leave. This is problematic since I can only watch so many metros. However, like I said, there are people who are willing to make a log of supervisors working so that I can file on them (with the preloader making a log as a witness). It does not seem that they are interested in the grievance money at all, they just want supervisors to stop taking their time from them (or they are scared of retaliation). So, is it allowable? Thank You in advance for any responses.

turdburglar

Well, that's another problem. The union steward in our building does not do anything about supervisors working. They can do it right in front of him, and he will not do a thing.

turdburglar

Well, I have been filing on the supervisors that I can see, and they have sort of "retaliated" by moving me to a heavier load area, but I do not care. So what you are saying is that it is acceptable for me to file on behalf of others, or would such a grievance be thrown out since I could not necessarily see the supervisor working the whole time?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well, I have been filing on the supervisors that I can see, and they have sort of "retaliated" by moving me to a heavier load area, but I do not care. So what you are saying is that it is acceptable for me to file on behalf of others, or would such a grievance be thrown out since I could not necessarily see the supervisor working the whole time?

It should be the employees who actually saw the supervisors working or the steward filing on their behalf. Call your BA to see what he suggests that you do.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
If you have a log and a signed statement from the witnessing employee(s) you can absolutely file.

Sounds to me like you might ask the BA for a Stewards election and run for Steward yourself.

Indecisi0n

I have never filed unless I personally saw a sup working. I have however saw my Stewart file on the behave of another employee when someone witnessed a sup taking work from a driver.

stink219

I have a serious issue with this "steward" that lets these sup's get a free pass. I know the sups use all the excuses (poor staffing, heavy volume day, etc) in the book. Sounds like he/she is either lazy or scared. As a steward, I go in early everyday and start with the preload. I'll ask the belt sups to show me their hands first, dirty gets their name on a grievance. I'll ask the loaders just to nod if the sup "moved" any packages that day. If yes, GRIEVANCE. Then after my shift, I'll ask the OMS for a printout of all the routes dispatched that day which have the names of the employee with it. I look for sups, managers or even aliases (yes they use those too and btw that's a falsification of a UPS document). If so, grievance! Lastly, as I walk out of the building and basically do the same as I did on the preload. I recommend the other stewards use some of this info and try it.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew if I would be able to file a supervisors working grievance on behalf of other preloaders. It appears that I am the only one in the building who has the balls to actually file, although there are people in the building who are sick of how they are run off the clock only to have supervisors do their work once they leave. This is problematic since I can only watch so many metros. However, like I said, there are people who are willing to make a log of supervisors working so that I can file on them (with the preloader making a log as a witness). It does not seem that they are interested in the grievance money at all, they just want supervisors to stop taking their time from them (or they are scared of retaliation). So, is it allowable? Thank You in advance for any responses.

My BA advised me to ask me to file a resolution of "Supervisors cease doing bargaining unit work" on grievances filed on behalf of other hourlies. Trust me, keep doing what you're doing, and someone will get pissed off enough to step up and grow a pair.

I've been in a far, desolate dungeon corner of my area since I came back from my vacation where I can't see the rest of my area. Sups would still do a tremendous amount of work where I couldn't see it and I finally got another guy to file. The sort manager was watching the area on the cameras and radio'd my FT sup to ask him why he was working harder than the guy that just wrote him up. After that, it's been cut down by at least 80% since I first started nailing them for it.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Thought about it numerous times but we are having a reelection soon. Neither will be voted back.

Define "soon." If it's less than 3 months, then bide your time and show your brothers & sisters you're willing to stand up for them without the protection of being a steward. If it's more than that, consider getting signatures for a petition to make it sooner than later.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I know this is about part time sups but u could hire 4 article 22 guys to do all the shuttling of misloads our driver sups and center manager do. Our center manager is never I mean never in the building all he does is run misloads all day. What I really don't understand is why not just fix the preload.

UPSER110

I have a serious issue with this "steward" that lets these sup's get a free pass. I know the sups use all the excuses (poor staffing, heavy volume day, etc) in the book. Sounds like he/she is either lazy or scared. As a steward, I go in early everyday and start with the preload. I'll ask the belt sups to show me their hands first, dirty gets their name on a grievance. I'll ask the loaders just to nod if the sup "moved" any packages that day. If yes, GRIEVANCE. Then after my shift, I'll ask the OMS for a printout of all the routes dispatched that day which have the names of the employee with it. I look for sups, managers or even aliases (yes they use those too and btw that's a falsification of a UPS document). If so, grievance! Lastly, as I walk out of the building and basically do the same as I did on the preload. I recommend the other stewards use some of this info and try it.

I wish you worked in my building, how long have you been a steward? has anything changed?

Buck Fifty

All right then, I will call the BA. Thanks for the help.

If you have a log and a signed statement from the witnessing employee(s) you can absolutely file.

Sounds to me like you might ask the BA for a Stewards election and run for Steward yourself.

Another option would be to give those signed statements to some drivers (with balls) and let them file. Tends to get a quicker result !!! But of course you should take you piece of the pie also. And I say your already a steward without the title. Go get it !

Buck Fifty

I know this is about part time sups but u could hire 4 article 22 guys to do all the shuttling of misloads our driver sups and center manager do. Our center manager is never I mean never in the building all he does is run misloads all day. What I really don't understand is why not just fix the preload.

Reading this made me think of something...... what was it........ oh yeah Cha Ching, Cha Ching, Cha Ching !!!! :money: