Supervisors Working Grievances on Behalf of Others

menotyou

bella amicizia
I know this is about part time sups but u could hire 4 article 22 guys to do all the shuttling of misloads our driver sups and center manager do. Our center manager is never I mean never in the building all he does is run misloads all day. What I really don't understand is why not just fix the preload.
It's easier to run off the misloads. Not to mention, when they do that, they can offer 'help' to the driver they are going to see. Depending on the driver, it might include running off some stops. Makes the conference call the next morning so much nicer, don'tchya know?

stink219

UPSER110;1034131 I wish you worked in my building said:
I've been a steward for about 10 years. It's a thankless job, but it is rewarding to stand up for these new guys that don't even know they have rights. I spent my first 3 years studying labor law. That helped the most.

stink219

"Show me your hands??"

If I were a PT sup in that building I would tell you to pound sand.
Ohhhhh really?!! Then you would get a call from the National Labor Relations Board for interfering with a union investigation. I give you the choice. I'm sure after that, all your sup buddies will,"Show me your hands". Trust me, I'm sure face to face, you wouldn't say jack :censored2:.

turdburglar

If you have a log and a signed statement from the witnessing employee(s) you can absolutely file.

Sounds to me like you might ask the BA for a Stewards election and run for Steward yourself.
I've actually considered that (not very seriously, but still). I know that the steward does care at least a little. When the staggered start was going to be made 45 minutes, he actually went around and told people to file supervisors working grievances, and he may have filed some himself. However, I figured that he would be more active filing supervisors working grievances. At the very least he could have made some money (I think). At any rate, I will continue filing, and will file on behalf of others. The good news is that I have informed a fellow teamster about the supervisors working clause of the contract, and have convinced him to start filing as well (and to spread the word as I am), so maybe things will start to change around here.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I've actually considered that (not very seriously, but still). I know that the steward does care at least a little. When the staggered start was going to be made 45 minutes, he actually went around and told people to file supervisors working grievances, and he may have filed some himself. However, I figured that he would be more active filing supervisors working grievances. At the very least he could have made some money (I think). At any rate, I will continue filing, and will file on behalf of others. The good news is that I have informed a fellow teamster about the supervisors working clause of the contract, and have convinced him to start filing as well (and to spread the word as I am), so maybe things will start to change around here.
Depending on where you are, they can't do staggered starts.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Oh really? Where can they not do staggered starts? I am in Texas, presumably the southern region.
NY. I'm not sure about Texas. But, in the supplements part of your contract, they should have a section about start times. I would think it would be in that section, if you have it. You need to get a copy of that(contract) and read it. I don't care what the stewards say. Some are bought and paid for. NOt all, but some.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I know this is about part time sups but u could hire 4 article 22 guys to do all the shuttling of misloads our driver sups and center manager do. Our center manager is never I mean never in the building all he does is run misloads all day. What I really don't understand is why not just fix the preload.

22.3 employees nor supes or center manager's are allowed to shuttle or deliver packages.
Like somebody else already said, I would make a lot of money in your center on grievances.

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew if I would be able to file a supervisors working grievance on behalf of other preloaders. It appears that I am the only one in the building who has the balls to actually file, although there are people in the building who are sick of how they are run off the clock only to have supervisors do their work once they leave. This is problematic since I can only watch so many metros. However, like I said, there are people who are willing to make a log of supervisors working so that I can file on them (with the preloader making a log as a witness). It does not seem that they are interested in the grievance money at all, they just want supervisors to stop taking their time from them (or they are scared of retaliation). So, is it allowable? Thank You in advance for any responses.

packageguy

I've gotten paid with many grievances, I had a part time supervisor sign his name on the grievance went in office he was a stand up guy. he told labor --full time supervisors tell him to send guys home and he gets struck working. He told labor I did not go into supervision to work. They paid me for 4 hours at time and half. for that 1 grievance. Don't be afraid,
Take off the fish nets stockings and high heels. It's our right
it's our work.

bigblu 2 you

I'm fairly certain the NRLB would not consider "show me your hands" part of an official Union investigation.
and you know this by your years of NLRB work?if it has feathers and quacks its probably a duck.if its a supe with dirty hands,,,,well they have either worked or,well {pauses and shakes head},,busted.